Anyone Tried a SAS 3008 or Perc h330 Controller?

26 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

Bit gutted! My Dell Perc H330 turned up today, set the card's bios to HBA mode, all 8 drives detected ok but unraid does not see them?  The card is showing under devices in unRAID 

Any ideas?

{CDEFC84A-8FBC-4E11-873E-36E8A6DDA643}.png.jpg

Does the card bios show the drives you have connected?

1 minute ago, LammeN3rd said:

Does the card bios show the drives you have connected?

yes mate, in HBA Mode Card's bios shows 8 drives connected.  I went into the cards bios and can see 12gb/s connection to the SAS drive & 6gb/s to the sata drives. unRAID won't play! Just reading about flashing IT mode now, hopefully that is going to resolve it

Just now, mbc0 said:

yes mate, in HBA Mode Card's bios shows 8 drives connected.  I went into the cards bios and can see 12gb/s connection to the SAS drive & 6gb/s to the sata drives. unRAID won't play! Just reading about flashing IT mode now, hopefully that is going to resolve it

how do you have this setting?

image.png.f09ba3a8439aaed6353fe6f337e204d2.png

looking at the above screenshot somehow the driver is not loading correctly, what firmware are you running on the H330 and have you tried another PCIe slot?

my H330 is at FW 25.5.5.0005 but I've been running this card for about a year now without any issues on unraid (6.4 till 6.6)

and have you tried booting another OS, to rule-out an compatibility issue with your other HW or even a broken card?

Edited by LammeN3rd
  • Like 1

Hi,

I am on the same firmware (it is from May 18) & I have tried all 3 PCI-e slots.  I tried in my Windows 10 Desktop and all works perfectly so the card is good!

I did try in a 3rd machine and it prevented the motherboard from loading the bios but this is well known with Dell cards and you have to blank off pins 5&6 on the card for it to work in non-dell machines.

I guess I am stuffed, I cannot find anything concrete on the IT Mode, is yours in IT mode? does it exist for this card?

Thanks for your time @LammeN3rd

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 2:27 PM, mbc0 said:

Just to update after my nightmare with the Perc H330 I bought the Unicaca SAS 3008, it has AVAGO SAS3008 Firmware and plugged & Played! Working perfectly with stunning speed especially on the SAS Drive at 12gb/s Perfect for £50!

This was an interesting read... I have just acquired a H330 and Im having the same issue!! It can see the disks in the BIO but not in unraid!!!

So annoying, maybe ill have to just buy another card :/

Would much rather use the H330 though.

• 6 months later...