Losing custom settings in applications after reboot

Fiala06

I've noticed when I reboot, my docker apps seem to lose any custom settings I've set inside the application. For example, the latest one I've noticed is "binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn" VPN and everything works great, but if I were to change some of the rutorrent settings inside the app such as ratio groups, max upload speed etc, I'll lose it later.

I believe I have it all set to run off cache for performance.  Here is my appdata share:

image.thumb.png.78d2ca65d9d8b83c37be0c274b3413b9.png

docker settings for rtorrentvpn

image.thumb.png.f78ffd75bead93e402b6e849bdce2a0e.png

My array, parity is still building.

image.thumb.png.37f8ed8d73a72f293f532657d628ab22.png

Attached is my syslog. Any ideas? I'm am new to unraid, only been running it for 2 days and still working on transferring everything over. 

Any ideas? Thanks

unraid-syslog-20190119-1700.zip

22 minutes ago, Fiala06 said:

Thanks, guys! It was mapped wrong. I had my apps setup before I set them to be on the cache drives.

Once I changed it from /mnt/disk2/.... to /mnt/cache/.... it works as it should

Appreciate it!

This suggests to me that you are thinking of your Unraid as individual disks. That is one way to do it, but it is less flexible and bypasses some of the features of Unraid, such as disk spanning and write caching.

I recommend working with User Shares. These are just the top folders on the disks. Any top level folder with the same name on multiple disks is part of the same user share. This is how Unraid allows you to span disks. You can refer to the user share name (folder name) and it will take care of figuring out which disk(s) are involved. Each user share has settings that gives you a lot of control over how each user share uses the disks, including whether and how cache is used.

See this overview of User Shares in the wiki:

https://wiki.unraid.net/UnRAID_6/Overview#User_Shares

I thought this was how I had it setup. Guess I did that wrong. So everything in the /mnt/ is a direct path to the individual disk with the exception of "user" which is the actual shares if I got that right?

I've changed it to "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn/" instead of "/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn/" and still working so thats good. If this is the case I need to update the rest of my dockers. Oops