[Hardware Error] Can anyone help me understand what hardware is failing?

Hey guys, fairly new to unraid, however I thought I was doing pretty well. I have 6 8tb disks, 1 8tb parity, and a 250gb ssd cache. I am using it for homebridge, plex, ombi, radarr, sonarr, SAB, and hydra for my home automation and home media center.

Here are my computer specs

MOBO: ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core @ 4100

Memory:  2x Corsair - 8192 MB @ 1067 MT/s

I'm getting a hardware error anywhere between 15minutes - 2 hours once everything is turned on. If I'm just doing a parity check, or just have homebridge, it runs forever. As soon as I start downloading it all goes to hell and locks up. Here is a picture of the error. Any guidance would be super helpful as I'm not overly technical.

Thank you in advance!

IMG_2140.jpg

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Are you doing any overclocking? Don't

Have you done a memtest?

I've overclocked the CPU slightly, I have done 2 memory tests and both passed. I'll try returning the cpu back to normal speeds.

Thank you for the reply. I'll report back if it still crashes.

Edited by Redpanda
1 hour ago, Redpanda said:

Which files should I post?

In the Unraid webUI, Tools - Diagnostics lets you download a zip file containing syslog, SMART for all disks, many of your settings, details about your hardware, and other things that allow us to get a more complete idea of your situation.

When anybody says they want the diagnostics, this is what they are referring to. Attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post. In fact, it is a good idea to post your diagnostics when you first post about a problem so we don't have to ask for it.

It is best to get the diagnostics when a problem is occurring, and before rebooting, since reboot will start the syslog over.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

The complete zip.  But, had the error appeared when you posted the syslog?  If not, then wait until it does

Just now, trurl said:

In the Unraid webUI, Tools - Diagnostics lets you download a zip file containing syslog, SMART for all disks, many of your settings, details about your hardware, and other things that allow us to get a more complete idea of your situation.

When anybody says they want the diagnostics, this is what they are referring to. Attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post.

It is best to get the diagnostics when a problem is occurring, and before rebooting, since reboot will start the syslog over.

Ok thank you, that makes sense. My problem is the entire computer locks up. I have no way of downloading the logs because I have to hard reset the computer.

Here they are anyway!

tower-diagnostics-20190120-1225.zip

1 minute ago, Redpanda said:

My problem is the entire computer locks up. I have no way of downloading the logs because I have to hard reset the computer.

Try installing Fix Common Problems, toss it into troubleshooting mode and do what it says.  May or may not show anything, but if you're lucky it may catch the error in time.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Try installing Fix Common Problems, toss it into troubleshooting mode and do what it says.  May or may not show anything, but if you're lucky it may catch the error in time.

This is a good idea. I'm going to have it running with the troubleshooting mode for a week or so in case it happens again.

As an update to everyone. I completely reset my MOBO and CPU back to defaults and that seems to have resolved the problem. It's very strange because these exact settings worked fine for over a year as a gaming PC so I'm not sure why unraid would fail when windows was fine.

Either way, I'm happy it appears to be solved. I'll report back if it crashed but as of now. Over 5 hours and no crashing! :)

Thanks for the help guys, I'm so happy to have purchased and found this community. You guys were so incredibly helpful, I'm very grateful how quickly you guys narrowed down the problem.