Attempting to mount VMDK for upgrade

I posted this over in the UR Unassigned Devices forum, and was directed here.

I'm running a virtualized UnRAID instance, running on ESX 6.7.   I've got UR booting off of a USB Flash drive, passed through to the VM.  I'm wanting to mount the VMDK so I can upgrade the system (currently running 6.5.3).  I've got a friend running a similar setup, and he uses UD to access the VMDK, however he's seeing his VMDK as an unassigned device, which he can mount/dismount at any time.

I however, do not have it as an option in UD.   I've verified that the system does see the drive, as it's appearing in System Devices as a SCSI device ([4:0:0:0]disk VMware Virtual disk 2.0 /dev/sdc 1.07GB), 

I'm thinking that I might have "hidden" that right after I got the system up and running, but not 100% sure.  Is there a way to unhide the VM disk, or force UA to see it so it can be mounted?

Thanks!

i had my unraid boot method with VMDK some time ago, but switched to PlopKExec method for now to avoid such complexity.

you need to download this: https://download.plop.at/plopkexec/plopkexec.iso, then setup your ESXi unraid VM boot from this iso. and that's all. PlopKExec will start to boot, finds unRAID flash, and continue boot from it. boot speeds are very similar to one you boot from VMDK.