how long is excessive for Starting Services to take

hi working on my sisters Unraid server from my home Im remote access to her network..

I had deluge running on there for her torrent downloads  and I noticed it was showing up error

I stopped and retried to start service..  came up with error..  had transmission running to I stopped it and restarted it Error... I tried to reinstall  Deluge  as Deluge2  as it wouldn't let me reinstall over top of it.. and I get error stating Read Only 

so I rebooted unraid… the Drives have mounted...  but for 30 min so far  its saying  Array Starting : Starting Services...

so how long should Services take.. whats going on will a diagnostic file help you guys.. but so far its been 40 min  that its been stuck at Starting Services..   

do a Reboot took forever to do... as after a while I got a 502 gateway error.. but came back online after 15 min  but then still waiting 40+min for starting services

so not sure what to fix or how or what happened etc

A disk will be mounted as read-only if corruption is detected at the file system level.    You might want to stop the array; restart the array in Maintenance mode; click on the drive in the Main tab; select the option to run a file system check.

if that does not resolve your issue you should post your diagnostics ZIP file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) so we can see what is happening.

ok so took 2 days had to get my sister to reboot it twice.. and then I had to wait 30 min for the array fully started to get it so Array wouldn't start when booting up.. as you cant do anything  you cant evenchanged  any options  when it says starting services

so o started in maintance mode and then ran file check on disk 3

didn't see nothing... so now what??? here is the report I guess?

unraidfile.JPG

oh ok so what can I do now...  where it went read only  how do I force it to go non read only.....

I guess just need to buy new hds I guess.. I only gave her old hds I had so she can try what an unraid can do  and the plex... as she was also used to just WHS...

as I cant seem to get it back to non mount read only... 

I tried that trick of what you guys told me when you change a drive with parity... to stop array  choose no device  start array then stop array add drive again then start drive..

when I try doing that and choose no device...  unraid says too many missing/ wrong disks and grays out the start array button 

im guessing from that folder viewing of each drive.. the dockers are on disk3  and that's the drive that's giving issues.  yet its not full..  its just going in read only... is the only way to fix is start over with disk 3  like get new hard drives.. as its a 4 bay enclosure....  

could I do this

4 Data   1 USB external drive with a SSD for Dockers

Id do 3 Data and 1 Parity but I keep a backup of her files so she don't need it...  

but would a USB External DRive with SSD for dockers fix it.. can you do USB  or do they have to be internal Drives..    and what size of SSD if that works be good for dockers and I gess AppData??  what else would u store there

can you tell me if this is right..

I clicked on Appdata share and System folders.. and where it says Include all disks I set to to Disk 4 and I set Exclude Disk 3  so my idea is it will move the dockers appdata stuff from Disk 3 to Disk 4 or least copy from Disk 3 to Disk 4 after I did a reboot and mounting array.. and avoid writing to Disk 3 aagain for those locations

is that how that will work..

Ah ok... and no I can't lost access to the server again  so my sister going to drop it off at my house tomorrow..  trying too do through internet  pain at times..

I did try this command  I googled  MC    in the terminall  basically like old PC-Anywhere software  from DOS days... and at bottom said 5 to copy   well I typed 5 that didn't work    as I tried to copy appdata    to appdata2  which I made only on disk4  and exclude 1 2 3  disks

but unless server coming back on  youll have to wait till tomorrow  when I get server back..   

I appreciate the help so far 

ok I got my sisters server here is the array started diagnostic..  

I currently doing this  

I made 2 new Shares  called AppData3 and System3    both are set to Include Disk4 and exclude Disk 1 2 3   

then im copying the files from AppData to AppData3 and System to System3  

then I will rename  AppData to OldAppData  and System to OldSystem

and then renamed AppData3 to AppData  and System3 to System

will that work in the browser..

I planning on getting her a new hard drive next week but for not just trying to fix this with having to start over

and I guess it be best to get a SSD for AppData and System folders as they don't break down easily right?

mitchsserver-diagnostics-20190125-0531.zip

ah ok  … and for the MC  I thought it was Function keys but it did nothing  I pressed all the function keys...  is there something else to intiate it

but I retried the MC  I guess it kinda works  I thought it would work  like PC anywhere ill have to read docments  then

I figured  I select folder on the left appdata  and the right column to where I wanna copy to.. Hit F5 and it would automatically copy..  

I try that if the windows copying doesn't work...  thanks for the replies..

and as to set for Cache.. does Cache need a parity  or odds are it never breaks down?

ya I was using Termnial  from the webgui  as that's what the article stated..  like it partial worked I guess   when I did get F5 to work all F5 did was  do this  ~    

the squiggly line...  as I thought it might be like the old dos PC Anywhere   whatever files you highlighted with space bar then say hit F5 it start copying  over..  still getting used to all this command line stuff  sure DOS was command too but we has windows 3.1 lol and then 95 ...

ill install PuTTY  I did downloadi n the mean time Krusader plugin  as from the one guy I watch unraid videos on youtube