[PLUGIN] Disk Location

Hi,

It's probably because it's not yet updated for 6.10... but I'm getting Status "Unknown" in the "Installed Plugins" tab in "plugins" for this particular plugin.  All the others show current status as either up to date or needing to be updated.  Is this expected behaviour till this is updated for 6.10?  Or is this something different?

Thanks

Craig

Update 2021.08.16

• BUG: Removed "prettyname" variable as it wasn't allowed with special characters. Might fix issues where some people didn't see "Disk Location" in the menus.

I have been busy for quite a while, but this update, thanks to @Squid pointing out the flaw, is probably fixed. Please go ahead and try it out. Thanks!

Been using this for a long time and really like it! 

I have a server with backplane and I though it would be great if we could bind the port to a slot instead of a drive to a slot? When removing or moving a drive the drive in the slot would change automatically then

Edited by Output
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 8:58 AM, Output said:

Been using this for a long time and really like it! 

I have a server with backplane and I though it would be great if we could bind the port to a slot instead of a drive to a slot? When removing or moving a drive the drive in the slot would change automatically then

This was the main intention from the start, but I can't find a proper good solution to this yet.

"by-path" is fine for most cases (as far as I can see), but it seem to have problems addressing SSD's. I have one SATA SSD and two nVME SSD's it does not add into the path section, and I don't want to mix two different systems for organizing drives in Disk Location.

Not sure if this is a kernel issue, never meant to be, or if there's another solution for this altogether.

Command below will show devices with paths defined. Even if you would see your SSD's there, it will break many systems and can't be implemented now.

ls -l /dev/disk/by-path/ | egrep -v "part|usb"

• Like 1
On 8/20/2021 at 2:53 PM, Joseph said:

Cool app!!

FEATURE REQUESTS:

• User ability to change font color.
  • User ability to change order of Disk Tray Layouts (when there's more than one, of course) on configuration page

Thanks for your time and consideration.

You can already change the order, however, not after it is created by a simple click. But it should be fairly simple to just move over devices after adjusting the layouts. I might make it simpler in the future, but nothing I prioritize.

If you want to move ex. layout 3 to 1, then copy the layout of the largest one, move the disks, then reduce the other one (if the sizes are different). If they're all the same, it's just a matter of reassigning the devices.

Font colors should follow the unraid theme, not messing around with that (at least for now). Choose a better background color :P 

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Veriwind said:

Is it possible to have the plugin display the unraid disk number instead? (example attached) It'd provide a much greater use for me to see which one relates to unraid's number than the default.

Love this plugin :) Thank you olehj!

Thanks!

You'll get that when you click to view the disk array in the big view. Else I don't think unraid's numbering make a lot of sense, hence why I made this plugin to begin with.

Maybe in the future if I have time and motivation, but won't promise anything

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 1:48 AM, almulder said:

I have USB drives that are not appearing. They are not deleted (I checked that first), I have a few NVME drives connected via USB3.2 as they are faster than my SSD's and no room for internal.

Can you make it so USB's appear in list please. :)

I have no idea if I will.. there's a lot of requests about it, but still not really the intention with the plugin

REQUEST FROM THE USERS

Hey all! I consider modifying the core of the plugin for disk assignments and how they are bound, but I need some help/input from you guys.

NB! I need info only from originally configured servers (not including non storage related devices)! Do not post from DIY servers!

1) I need the screenshot of the actual layout of the disks in a server.

2) Brand of the server and model.

3) The output of these two commands:

lsscsi -g
lshw -class disk -class storage -quiet -short

4) If possible, please attach the point 1-3 with a different disk configuration (like one less disk in the system, or positioned in a different slot), then post and describe the difference.

Alternatively...

If you can document the behavior of the kernel and storage devices path to be static, unique and reliable with the same assignment during reboots and that disks can be moved from one slot to another getting the correct assigned slot for it. Then that can be enough for my planning as well. So far I haven't found any proper information about it on google.. maybe I look for the wrong question? Any help appreciated!

Thanks! 

• 5 weeks later...

Just installed this plugin on my UnRAID machine, and noticed it doesn't take the purchase date and warranty duration from the drive settings. I've already configured purchase date and warranty duration under Main -> Disk X -> Identity -> "Date of purchase" and "warranty period", but the plugin doesn't seem to read (or write) these fields so one would need to update / fill in this data in two different locations which isn't ideal. 

Can the plugin be updated to read the data from the drive settings, if available?

3 hours ago, Leseratte10 said:

Just installed this plugin on my UnRAID machine, and noticed it doesn't take the purchase date and warranty duration from the drive settings. I've already configured purchase date and warranty duration under Main -> Disk X -> Identity -> "Date of purchase" and "warranty period", but the plugin doesn't seem to read (or write) these fields so one would need to update / fill in this data in two different locations which isn't ideal. 

Can the plugin be updated to read the data from the drive settings, if available?

It mainly should do exactly that if you have entered the data already in UNRAID. However, try "force update all" and see if it updates it. If not.. maybe the UNRAID dev's changed something in the system. The documentation against plugin creators are appalling, I considered multiple times to just shut down the project entirely. 

Not the answer you want maybe, but the versioning and documentation updates are really crap with UNRAID.. and this is a paid licensed product..