[PLUGIN] Disk Location

Hello-

I’ve seen references to the 6.12 RC’s in this thread, is the plugin intended to work with 6.12?  Upon installing the Unraid dashboard does not load for me (completely blank), and I am unable to get to the plugin configuration either.

23 hours ago, Parsival said:

Hello, I rather enjoy this but have noticed that with 2 cache drives in my pool it only recognizes 1 of the drives for entry into the bay designation. Any assistance would be appreciated.

What does this command output:

lsscsi -b -g

6 hours ago, vtmikel said:

Hello-

I’ve seen references to the 6.12 RC’s in this thread, is the plugin intended to work with 6.12?  Upon installing the Unraid dashboard does not load for me (completely blank), and I am unable to get to the plugin configuration either.

It should work ye, is it updated to the newest plugin release? Haven't seen what happens with an upgrade from 6.11 -> 6.12 yet, just separate installs. But don't think that should matter. The dashboard for 6.11 should just be ignored, and the other one loaded. It might be located somewhere else on the dashboard than before. Maybe you even need to unhide it by default if they did any changes recently to the RC. Otherwise, try to reinstall the plugin. Database should remain intact.

2 hours ago, FlamongOle said:

It should work ye, is it updated to the newest plugin release? Haven't seen what happens with an upgrade from 6.11 -> 6.12 yet, just separate installs. But don't think that should matter. The dashboard for 6.11 should just be ignored, and the other one loaded. It might be located somewhere else on the dashboard than before. Maybe you even need to unhide it by default if they did any changes recently to the RC. Otherwise, try to reinstall the plugin. Database should remain intact.

Hi-  Did a reinstall, same result.  Dashboard is inaccessible, same with the plugin config.  I have to uninstall the plugin to be able to return to the dashboard.  Any debug I can provide?

19 hours ago, vtmikel said:

Hi-  Did a reinstall, same result.  Dashboard is inaccessible, same with the plugin config.  I have to uninstall the plugin to be able to return to the dashboard.  Any debug I can provide?

Hmm, technically the plugin should uninstall itself before it install itself during upgrade. So don't know what's going on there, I'll have a look at it later

7 minutes ago, Parsival said:

Unfortunately it appears it does not even though there are 2 physical drives.

Then that's the reason, maybe there's a setting to change serial number on the controller or whatever system that is. Maybe bypass logical volumes if possible and run the drives directly? the plugin heavily depend on unique serial numbers, and I never thought this would even be possible.

14 minutes ago, FlamongOle said:

Then that's the reason, maybe there's a setting to change serial number on the controller or whatever system that is. Maybe bypass logical volumes if possible and run the drives directly? the plugin heavily depend on unique serial numbers, and I never thought this would even be possible.

I will have to get into the controller set up to see if it is possible. It is on a Dl380 G7 server I410 HP Raid controller.

On 5/26/2023 at 11:32 PM, Parsival said:

I will have to get into the controller set up to see if it is possible. It is on a Dl380 G7 server I410 HP Raid controller.

It's been reported problems with maybe a similar controller here:

https://github.com/olehj/disklocation/issues/191

Raid P410 controller, maybe it suffers from the same thing. If it's not reachable with the commandos I gave and cant provide unique serial numbers, then I can't do anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've updated to UR 6.12.1 added back Disk location but it seems to crash the Dashboard unless all drives are spun-up, then it comes back.

Same things happens after updating to 6.12.2.  Only works when all drives are spun-up

Edited by Walter S
  • Thanks 1
On 6/22/2023 at 12:12 AM, Walter S said:

I've updated to UR 6.12.1 added back Disk location but it seems to crash the Dashboard unless all drives are spun-up, then it comes back.

Feed me the info posted on github, and I will try to have a look at it ASAP. But I will be quite busy the next weeks, but it will really help me debugging it faster as I don't have a setup I currently can put all drives to standby.

On 6/21/2023 at 4:12 PM, Walter S said:

Same things happens after updating to 6.12.2.  Only works when all drives are spun-up

You have no idea how happy I am to come across your comment!!  I have been playing wack-a-mole with plugins for a couple of days now trying to figure out which one was causing the issue.  <spins up all drive> Poof!  The dashboard reappears.

On 6/27/2023 at 4:45 PM, FlamongOle said:

Feed me the info posted on github, and I will try to have a look at it ASAP. But I will be quite busy the next weeks, but it will really help me debugging it faster as I don't have a setup I currently can put all drives to standby.

Let me know if you need any info from another system having the issue.

• Like 1
On 6/21/2023 at 6:12 PM, Walter S said:

I upgraded yesterday from Unraid 6.11.5 to 6.12.2 with version 2023.05.30 of the Disk Location plugin already installed and have the same reported issue:  the dashboard is blank when the array is spun down.  My array drives are usually spun-down, I run most things off cache.  If you need a system to help test a fix I would be willing to help. 

Edited by SShadow
55 minutes ago, FlamongOle said:

Update 2023.07.08

• Commit #220 - MAJOR ISSUE: Fixed a Dashboard crash when all drives were spun down. Fixed also some other minor PHP deprecations.

Please update and give me feedback if this update solves the problem @SShadow @Mat W @Walter S

Thanks for reporting the issue at Github @Walter S

Awesome job on getting this out!  Just did the update and, sadly, did not resolve the issue for me.  I did the following steps to test...

• Logged out and back in
  • Verified drives were spun down (all data and parity in fact)
  • Tested in a private window to rule out browser plugins and cookies/cache
  • Lastly, spun up the drives to see if dashboard appears... it did.

Let me know what info you need from me to assist further.

Update 2023.07.08b

• Commit #220 - MAJOR ISSUE: Fixed a Dashboard crash when all drives were spun down. Fixed also some other minor PHP deprecations.

Please update and give me feedback if this update solves the problem @SShadow @Mat W @Walter S

I have made some few more changes, and I tried to replicate the problem without success. I tried to create new database with just two of the drives. Then spun them down and made several adjustments to the variables without crashing the dashboard on Unraid 6.12.2.

25 minutes ago, Mat W said:

@FlamongOle - Updated and still nothing on the Dashboard.  I repeated the same testing steps as I did before, with the same results.  Once the drives are spun up, the dashboard re-appears.

I can't make any sense of this yet. I released a C version, but doubt it does much good. I have to debug this later one day.

Is there any problems loading any other pages on the plugin configuration? 

18 minutes ago, FlamongOle said:

I can't make any sense of this yet. I released a C version, but doubt it does much good. I have to debug this later one day.

Is there any problems loading any other pages on the plugin configuration? 

I pulled down the C version just in case it worked.  No change.  I haven't come across any other pages or plugins having issues throughout this process.

Again, really appreciate all the effort.  Will definitely be "buying you some beer" when this is done!

9 hours ago, Mat W said:

I pulled down the C version just in case it worked.  No change.  I haven't come across any other pages or plugins having issues throughout this process.

Again, really appreciate all the effort.  Will definitely be "buying you some beer" when this is done!

Can you share a screenshot of your Disk Location configuration tab?

Also, just for debugging, have you tried to be on the Dashboard for like 5 minutes or more? Just speculating in performance issues rather than crashing the dashboard.

I might need a diagnostic file here, but I don't really like to ask about them. But more PHP logs might be useful too.

Edited by FlamongOle
50 minutes ago, FlamongOle said:

Can you share a screenshot of your Disk Location configuration tab?

Also, just for debugging, have you tried to be on the Dashboard for like 5 minutes or more? Just speculating in performance issues rather than crashing the dashboard.

I might need a diagnostic file here, but I don't really like to ask about them. But more PHP logs might be useful too.

I am seeing the following in the php log when I brought up the dashboard prior to spinning up all drives.  It's the same stack trace every time with nothing else in the log.

[08-Jul-2023 07:34:26 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: round(): Argument #1 ($num) must be of type int|float, string given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/devices.php:305
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/devices.php(305): round('*')
#1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(706) : eval()'d code(25): require_once('/usr/local/emht...')
#2 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(706): eval()
#3 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php(82): require_once('/usr/local/emht...')
#4 {main}
  thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/devices.php on line 305

I have no issue with supplying a diagnostic file if it will help?

Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 7.36.07 AM.png