[PLUGIN] Disk Location

How do you change the position of the widget?  It defaults to 0- which puts it in the left column at the very bottom with dead space between it and the one above.  Trying numbers from 1 to 12 just puts it at the top of the left column.  I'd love to put it at the bottom of the right column

3 minutes ago, JasonK said:

How do you change the position of the widget?  It defaults to 0- which puts it in the left column at the very bottom with dead space between it and the one above.  Trying numbers from 1 to 12 just puts it at the top of the left column.  I'd love to put it at the bottom of the right column

Good luck ;)

The numbers are there rather for maybe future problem if it would block something else. But I haven't found anything useful than 0 or 2+ (1 "crashes" with NUT dashboard here). So yes, these two are sadly the only positions I found possible to use as well. At least until it might be some documentation of it, my approach is anyway not the official either as that is the old looking dashboard but will occupy entire width (which does not look nice with this plugin).

I ended up with using 10, enabled. And then "minimize" the plugin, so it is flat and gives the most important info.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:14 AM, olehj said:

First, be sure to have 2019.06.20 version as it fixed some weird issues.

Second, click on "Force SMART reload", it should then remove all non-existing drives into the correct table. Please report back to me if it worked or not.

The reason why this is probably happening is because of the new way of handling SMART data, it runs in the background every hour and checks all spinning drives (active/idle) for data. Non-spinning drives (standby/sleep/off) will not be queried because we don't want to wake up drives from standby mode. And that's why this plugin can't go through with removing non-installed disks anymore automagically, but it will do so by running the "Force SMART reload" button - this will also wake up all drives one by one!

The benefit of the new system is that the plugin page will be very fast to load, second is that we now can have a dashboard widget.

I might rename the button in the future to something more appropriate and understandable.

Sorry for the delay.. I have been really busy working (trying to make enough money to upgrade my dinosaur lol.) But that didn't work..  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in.

As far as what you said, that makes since. But four of the drives have not been in my system in over 4 months, maybe longer. It's not that big of a deal, it's only showing in the configurations tab anyway. I'll just have to scan through all of them (40 so far. Alot more to come) to find when I add a drive to the pool. 

1792443597_DiskLocationdrives2.thumb.PNG.e38333b9281059d231b0ff241f212279.PNG

Anyway, Thanks you again for the great plug in...  

Also, to clarify, I put the drive in my hotswap tray and do the preclear then remove the drive from the system and put it in a static bag, label it and put it in a metal closet for future use or sell.  I do that with new drives (stress test before selling it to some one) and old drives (before installing os in used computers or reinstall on customers hard drive from their computer, just to make sure it doesn't die so they can't blame me ;^)  ). I kinda wish preclear was on linux for me to install on my test bench pc so I wouldn't have to use unraid all the time. But i wanted to make sure I explained what I was doing. 

Edited by Melocco
To Clarify
7 hours ago, Melocco said:

I kinda wish preclear was on linux for me to install on my test bench pc

Easy! Just make a unraid stick with only preclear on it. You never even need to apply for a trial key, as the array doesn't need to be started to run preclear. When it's time to preclear a drive, pop in the USB stick and the target drive, do your preclear cycles, then return to normal test bench usage. Just don't accidentally preclear your test bench main hard drive, or you could disconnect it during preclear sessions for more safety.

12 hours ago, Melocco said:

Sorry for the delay.. I have been really busy working (trying to make enough money to upgrade my dinosaur lol.) But that didn't work..  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in.

As far as what you said, that makes since. But four of the drives have not been in my system in over 4 months, maybe longer. It's not that big of a deal, it's only showing in the configurations tab anyway. I'll just have to scan through all of them (40 so far. Alot more to come) to find when I add a drive to the pool. 

Anyway, Thanks you again for the great plug in...  

Also, to clarify, I put the drive in my hotswap tray and do the preclear then remove the drive from the system and put it in a static bag, label it and put it in a metal closet for future use or sell.  I do that with new drives (stress test before selling it to some one) and old drives (before installing os in used computers or reinstall on customers hard drive from their computer, just to make sure it doesn't die so they can't blame me ;^)  ). I kinda wish preclear was on linux for me to install on my test bench pc so I wouldn't have to use unraid all the time. But i wanted to make sure I explained what I was doing. 

Hot-swapping might be the issue here, I have also "hot-swappable" trays and motherboard/controllers supposedly supporting it. But in the end, it does -work- but the data is often recognized as the first disk which was installed in that specific port. A reboot might solve the issue, then do a force scan all. My two cents though.

Looks like 6.7.1 is completely incompatible with Disk Location. 

Fatal error: Class 'SQLite3' not found in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php on line 27

Yeah, Sqlite support was removed from PHP.

Edited by plttn
1 minute ago, Trites said:

Would it be possible to hook into MariaDB?

Yes, I would even prefer it over SQLite for the database sake, but for simplicity SQLite is a winner as we don't need to access other databases and setup the connection before we can start using the plugin. But this will rather likely be the future path if SQLite will be permanently disabled. That is your own MariaDB docker + this plugin.

44 minutes ago, uldise said:

why not to go docker route?

As @Squid said, you can't use the plugin if the array is stopped. It stops Docker and VM's when you stop the array, so yeah didn't think about that.

Looks like they either have to enable SQLite in PHP again, or this plugin is likely dead.

17 minutes ago, olehj said:

SQLite in PHP again,

My wild guess is that they disabled SQL to try and alleviate the /mnt/user corruption issue a few users have with containers that utiize SQLite.  Seriously doubt that it'll do anything though to help with that...

Edited by Squid
52 minutes ago, Squid said:

My wild guess is that they disabled SQL to try and alleviate the /mnt/user corruption issue a few users have with containers that utiize SQLite.  Seriously doubt that it'll do anything though to help with that...

Yeah, maybe. Still find it a bit strange that this isn't done in beta and rc releases, but at a stable level.

1 hour ago, olehj said:

Yeah, maybe. Still find it a bit strange that this isn't done in beta and rc releases, but at a stable level.

Have a read through this thread, that horse has been beaten multiple times, and it's still dead. Unraid doesn't follow industry naming conventions when it comes to code changes and releases. Not ideal in any way shape or form, but it's what we deal with. I can cope with the bad stuff that happens, because we can generally get very quick responses from the owner of the company. None of the other software I deal with on a regular basis can I say that about.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/61857-lets-complain-about-the-lt-release-process/?do=findComment&comment=606236

You guys please settle down.  The fact that sqlite support was in php in the first place was an oversight.  We never intended that a plugin would utilize a database application and honestly, I didn't know about this one.  Seems to me using sqlite for something like this is a bit overkill ... but oh well, we'll add it back once we figure out wtf is wrong with plex/sqlite db corruption.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

This is correct.  Also correct it should have nothing to do with the issue.  But seems like it's more than just "a few users" though which is why we're tying what we can, as fast as we can, to get to the bottom of it.

9 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Have a read through this thread, that horse has been beaten multiple times,

Please no more beating.

Sure in an ideal world it maybe should have been a beta/rc/whatever but there are other significant security patches which need to be distributed to the user base.  As for breaking this plugin, all I can say is "oops".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, limetech said:

You guys please settle down.  The fact that sqlite support was in php in the first place was an oversight.  We never intended that a plugin would utilize a database application and honestly, I didn't know about this one.  Seems to me using sqlite for something like this is a bit overkill ... but oh well, we'll add it back once we figure out wtf is wrong with plex/sqlite db corruption.

This is correct.  Also correct it should have nothing to do with the issue.  But seems like it's more than just "a few users" though which is why we're tying what we can, as fast as we can, to get to the bottom of it.

Please no more beating.

Sure in an ideal world it maybe should have been a beta/rc/whatever but there are other significant security patches which need to be distributed to the user base.  As for breaking this plugin, all I can say is "oops".

Alright, thanks for clearing things up a bit, I am relatively new to Unraid and what has been going around here in the forums. So for future reference, better not care too much about the versioning and how its done.

SQLite is what I define as the opposite of overkill, utilizing a full blown database like MariaDB, PostreSQL etc. would have been. Before I made this plugin, I did check my possibilities, and any SQL database will make the life easier. SQLite - which is the simplest and has less support for most SQL commands, will anyway fit perfect for its task. I am rather surprised no more people uses it, it makes the life a hell lot easier than dealing with text files. And SQLite is rather just a glorified text file in this sense without any real extra bloat. Anyway, I hope this is just temporary (as it seems for now) and I can continue with this plugin the way I started it 6 months ago. I just use the tools which is available, where I can.

Tell the users to switch to Emby, better than Plex anyway :P 

Anyway, I hope you figure out the problem, and I'll keep a watch on what's happening from release to release.

PS! I didn't intend to beat anyone ;) Have a nice day!

6 hours ago, jpotrz said:

Ohhh!!! Added to the dashboard now. I like it!

However, it seems to be out of place and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the bottom of the left column with a lot of space between it and the "Air Flow" section above it.

Yes I know, but I don't want to mess up too much with the Dashboard page. The way I have implemented it now is rather a "hack" to make it look like the new dashboard, and not the old style. So far not so much I can do without making some other problems. Sorry

• Like 1