[PLUGIN] Disk Location

31 minutes ago, Squid said:

Just an FYI, but disk location will continue to be marked as incompatible with >6.7.1-rc2 even if you Install 6.7.2 until sometime tomorrow afternoon AFK

Sent from my NSA monitored device

Ok, next release will start from the next SQLite activated release making all previous versions incompatible. It is easier this way, rather than skipping some version in between. Working on something major changesright now ;) 

Update 2019.06.28 - Design v2.0

• Commit #45 - REQUEST: Different tray count (from @FrackinFrog)
  • Commit #22 - REQUEST: Multiple cases (from tarchive). Add a bunch of cases made available including a bunch of other configuration possibilities.
  • Removed a bunch of bugs, rewrote a lot of code, and has in general made "Design v2.0". Too much to document, most forgotten anyway! But a lot of work has gone into this release.
  • NB! Due to weird Unraid releases and versioning, this plugin will only work from 6.7.2 and onward! 6.7.1 is broken (missing SQLite support). And I can't bothered keeping an eye with older versions as well. Development version is required else (but it will not work with 6.7.1).

I'm going to be ordering a Rosewill RSV-L4500 shortly so I'm setting everything up for this.

@olehjA couple of questions, for some reason I cannot change my cache disk from unassigned to cache for the color.  Also, I plan on getting 2 2.5" in 1 3.5" mounts (like these) for two of the bays.  Is the only way to handle this to override and say it has 17 bays and have two hanging out down below the image?

Edited by shaunmccloud
1 hour ago, shaunmccloud said:

I'm going to be ordering a Rosewill RSV-L4500 shortly so I'm setting everything up for this.

@olehjA couple of questions, for some reason I cannot change my cache disk from unassigned to cache for the color.  Also, I plan on getting 2 2.5" in 1 3.5" mounts (like these) for two of the bays.  Is the only way to handle this to override and say it has 17 bays and have two hanging out down below the image?

Unassigned disks and the specific unraid disks (parity, data and cache) will always have a unique color. You can only have a custom color which does not crash with the same color. I guess the best solution is to take "the next color" and assign that, like #FF0000 is the color, then try #FF0001. Most likely you won't notice the difference, try to increase different segment of the color (RGB) if you do.

You can either use override, or just add another group. Whatever suits your needs most.

2 minutes ago, olehj said:

Unassigned disks and the specific unraid disks (parity, data and cache) will always have a unique color. You can only have a custom color which does not crash with the same color. I guess the best solution is to take "the next color" and assign that, like #FF0000 is the color, then try #FF0001. Most likely you won't notice the difference, try to increase different segment of the color (RGB) if you do.

You can either use override, or just add another group. Whatever suits your needs most.

I decided to do three groups.  However, for some reason my cache disk is always set as unassigned for its color.  I think its because for some reason it wasn't getting the sdc identifier in the plugin.  A quick hack, I mean test in the SQLite database fixed it.

3 minutes ago, shaunmccloud said:

I decided to do three groups.  However, for some reason my cache disk is always set as unassigned for its color.  I think its because for some reason it wasn't getting the sdc identifier in the plugin.  A quick hack, I mean test in the SQLite database fixed it.

The plugin doesn't use the "sdX" for anything other than information (as they are quite useless and unpredictable). But the cache disk has to be set as a cache drive by unraid and recognized as one as well. You can try to reset the specific Cache drive color by choosing one of the pre-defined colors, it should then null out the value in the database.

1 minute ago, olehj said:

The plugin doesn't use the "sdX" for anything other than information (as they are quite useless and unpredictable). But the cache disk has to be set as a cache drive by unraid and recognized as one as well. You can try to reset the specific Cache drive color by choosing one of the pre-defined colors, it should then null out the value in the database.

Sorry, it was identified by a h showing it as an undefined drive.  It is set as a cache drive in unRAID so I'm not sure what happened.  Although it isn't something that will change all that often for me so its not a huge deal.

4 minutes ago, shaunmccloud said:

Sorry, it was identified by a h showing it as an undefined drive.  It is set as a cache drive in unRAID so I'm not sure what happened.  Although it isn't something that will change all that often for me so its not a huge deal.

What do you mean by identified by "h", like sdh? or does some information lack here? The "sdh" in this case is used to catch data from Unraid-table so we know which disk does what in regard of the Unraid array. Else the most useful information this plugin needs and uses is the information from "lsscsi -g -u" + smartctl. 

It might be a bug.

1 minute ago, olehj said:

What do you mean by identified by "h", like sdh? or does some information lack here? The "sdh" in this case is used to catch data from Unraid-table so we know which disk does what in regard of the Unraid array. Else the most useful information this plugin needs and uses is the information from "lsscsi -g -u" + smartctl. 

It might be a bug.

The status field was listed as an h for it.

Just now, olehj said:

Ah, in the database itself. That flag means "hidden", and simply hides it for assignments. It should be auto detected by force scanning the drives (which it does not do automatically anymore). 

Hmm, I know I did something in the database which changed it to a cache drive (I could not manually set the color for it).  I'll try again later.

Hi great plugin!  I am running 6.7.2 and get this error when installing the plugin:

Warning: SQLite3::query(): Unable to prepare statement: 1, no such table: settings_group in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php on line 1062

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetchArray() on boolean in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php:1064
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php on line 1064

Thanks