[PLUGIN] Disk Location

19 hours ago, x64 said:

Anyone else having issues with Disklocation running right in 6.8.0 rc1? I realize it's a release candidate but I didn't know if it was just me missing options to manipulate anything.

I am having the same issue.  None of the controls are showing.  Its also not in my list of plugins.  I have to reinstall it, then click the gear and I can get to it.  But then its gone again after I leave the screen.  Either way, no controls.  It still has my configuration in there though....

Im running 6.rc1 to be clear.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the great plugin. I'm migrating over from the Server Layout plugin and have a couple of low-priority comments/suggestions.

BUG - Disk Group Name Special Characters

The Name field in a disk group doesn't seem to handle the " character correctly. For example if I type the name 2.5" Bays the field only shows 3.5

This only seems to be an issue with the input field itself as all other areas the name is displayed shows text after the " character.

image.png.d28656c82b2277fef7efb56e67c6011d.png

image.png.a870354a04ae733d4c3e5d92789307c3.png

SUGGESTION - Disabling Bays

I read through the few times this feature has been brought up in the thread and completely understand that it's impossible to support every case configuration under the sun. However, I think the way the Server Layout plugin handles this is a fairly simple implementation and would make this plugin quite a bit more powerful. The other plugin allows you to click on bays when configuring to hide them from being rendered (examples below).

image.thumb.png.d4937eb9414fc81c4aa17383ef38f5c2.png

image.png.b974e221f8d0ce85073882b2a64ebca5.png

This all allows me to better match the layout of my server with 2x2.5" bays at the top and 16x3.5" bays in the bottom.

image.thumb.png.ffa4deba8c717f6e627ee4e15724bfc7.png

Of course, you're volunteering your time to build this and it may be more difficult to implement than it appears on the surface. I figured it was at least worth showing how this has been implemented in other places in case it inspires new features and ideas :)

Thanks again for all of your hard work. 

Very nice, super handy!

A few feature requests:

Ability to reorder disk tray layouts, even if just with an up/down button, or even as simple as an order field. I've got hotswap units in my main server (3x4 drives) and one of them is sideways, plus a DS4243 shelf, so I have 3 configs, and I accidentally ended up with a couple out of order. Minor issue, but it just looks strange to see 2 before 3.

Line breaks in dashboard view and tools area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 12/2/2019 at 4:45 PM, Airless said:

Thank you so much for the great plugin. I'm migrating over from the Server Layout plugin and have a couple of low-priority comments/suggestions.

BUG - Disk Group Name Special Characters

The Name field in a disk group doesn't seem to handle the " character correctly. For example if I type the name 2.5" Bays the field only shows 3.5

This only seems to be an issue with the input field itself as all other areas the name is displayed shows text after the " character.

SUGGESTION - Disabling Bays

I read through the few times this feature has been brought up in the thread and completely understand that it's impossible to support every case configuration under the sun. However, I think the way the Server Layout plugin handles this is a fairly simple implementation and would make this plugin quite a bit more powerful. The other plugin allows you to click on bays when configuring to hide them from being rendered (examples below).

This all allows me to better match the layout of my server with 2x2.5" bays at the top and 16x3.5" bays in the bottom.

Of course, you're volunteering your time to build this and it may be more difficult to implement than it appears on the surface. I figured it was at least worth showing how this has been implemented in other places in case it inspires new features and ideas :)

Thanks again for all of your hard work. 

Thanks for the feedback.

The quotes are probably stored in the database, but I might have forgotten to strip them. Will fix this when I get some time, which isn't soon as I have busy days in December.

This plugin uses grouping, so use that for separating the differences in the server. Even if it wouldn't match 100% of the server layout (which this plugin isn't named ;) you will still know which drives it is :P Maybe in the future.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, drumstyx said:

Very nice, super handy!

A few feature requests:

Ability to reorder disk tray layouts, even if just with an up/down button, or even as simple as an order field. I've got hotswap units in my main server (3x4 drives) and one of them is sideways, plus a DS4243 shelf, so I have 3 configs, and I accidentally ended up with a couple out of order. Minor issue, but it just looks strange to see 2 before 3.

Line breaks in dashboard view and tools area.

I need a bit more information than this, did you force scan the disks after inserting new ones are whatever you did? If there's any disk changes, a force scan must be done and maybe a reassignment afterwards for the new drives. In my mind it seems correct to have 2 before 3, that's how I count :P 

Please post a screenshot of the dashboard issue.

3 hours ago, IGOBYD said:

I'm having several issues.

1. I set my data drives to be "Blue" but they are all "Yellow" 

2. Can you add an option for drives that are not installed in a tray. ie. install internally.

1. You can only choose a custom color -not- chosen for other type of drives. If you have a "Data" disk and choose to use the "Unassigned" drive color, it will not accept it and it will revert back to it's default. If you want to have the same color for Data and Unassigned, then it must be defined as a default in the Configuration tab, and not under "Tray allocations"

2. Add a group!

• 3 weeks later...

Update 2019.12.23

• Happy holidays!
  • Commit #114 - IMPROVEMENT: Changed the color to use the default Unraid class instead of regular "green" and "red"
  • Commit #113 - IMPROVEMENT: Added minor tweak to the LEDs, mouse over and design should work better in vertical mode.
  • Commit #112 - MINOR ISSUE: Added forgotten stripslashes and htmlspecialchars for the group name, quotes etc. should now work.
Edited by olehj
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, ICDeadPpl said:

Is there a way to reset the "Custom color" for the Tray Allocations page? Maybe add a "Default" option in the custom color drop down?
So that if I've assigned my own colors on that page and later on want to handle the color assignments from the Configuration page?

The default colors are added, just choose one of the first 4 colors (1=parity/2=data/3=cache/4=unassigned) and it should reset to default (even if you choose the wrong one).

Else bug discovered as not all colors are added to the list on that page, but a reset should already be possible.

Edited by olehj
Not valid after update 2019.12.30
  • 4 weeks later...

Update 2020.01.27

• Commit #122 - IMPROVEMENT: "Force scan all" should check all drives in the database except manually deleted (hidden) ones. Earlier scanned just assigned devices, leaving some removed devices in the assignment list instead of "not found" list.
  • Commit #121 - IMPROVEMENT: Better use of FontAwesome, PNG icon files removed.
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PeterB said:

Something odd has happened to my colour picker and I'm not sure what/why or how to resolve it.

You have the same colour for unassigned and data drives. The colour picker always list the chosen colours first and in this row from the left: parity, data, cache, unassigned, empty. The extra two added ones are the default colours for data and cache (which is replaced by your custom colour). The behavior is expected :)