[PLUGIN] Disk Location

12 hours ago, olehj said:

check if you have permission to write in that folder, else no idea

Hello,

I tested the permission of write in cli with the diagnosis command

# diagnostics
Starting diagnostics collection... done.
ZIP file '/boot/logs/home-server-diagnostics-20201223-0740.zip' created.

I'm not sure it is relevant.

But anyway, after that, this morning I tried again and I could install it !

I don't understand what happened but I think it's related to my other problem because now I also can change the PCIe override settings and I also can add lines in the boot lines.

Maybe there was something running in the background that blocked me from any specific system changes like changes with the flashdrive  ? Although I never got any warning. 🤔

EDIT: so it was definitely my flash drive:

[  132.492226] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.492227] FAT-fs (sdb1): Filesystem has been set read-only
[  132.493139] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.493145] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.494237] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.495595] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.496209] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.496221] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)

I still can boot, get access to the CLI but not the webgui. I will replace it. 

Edited by pee_bear
Add informations
2 hours ago, pee_bear said:

Hello,

I tested the permission of write in cli with the diagnosis command

# diagnostics
Starting diagnostics collection... done.
ZIP file '/boot/logs/home-server-diagnostics-20201223-0740.zip' created.

I'm not sure it is relevant.

But anyway, after that, this morning I tried again and I could install it !

I don't understand what happened but I think it's related to my other problem because now I also can change the PCIe override settings and I also can add lines in the boot lines.

Maybe there was something running in the background that blocked me from any specific system changes like changes with the flashdrive  ? Although I never got any warning. 🤔

EDIT: so it was definitely my flash drive:

[  132.492226] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.492227] FAT-fs (sdb1): Filesystem has been set read-only
[  132.493139] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.493145] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.494237] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.495595] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.496209] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
[  132.496221] FAT-fs (sdb1): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)

I still can boot, get access to the CLI but not the webgui. I will replace it. 

Probably a good idea ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My new nvme drive (Samsung_SSD_970_EVO_1TB_S5H9NS1NA43865L (nvme0n1)) is not found by the plugin. I'm running 6.9.0-rc2, so maybe it is some incompability with the new version? 

lsscsi shows the drive, but somehow the formatting is different, maybe that is the problem?

image.png.d79657b95d314757f0df4879ccbf76d3.png

Many thanks to check this!!

Best regards,

Wouter

• Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 8:54 AM, Woutch said:

Hi,

My new nvme drive (Samsung_SSD_970_EVO_1TB_S5H9NS1NA43865L (nvme0n1)) is not found by the plugin. I'm running 6.9.0-rc2, so maybe it is some incompability with the new version? 

lsscsi shows the drive, but somehow the formatting is different, maybe that is the problem?

image.png.d79657b95d314757f0df4879ccbf76d3.png

Many thanks to check this!!

Best regards,

Wouter

Problem is likely to be with "smartctl" not recognizing the drive. If "Force scan all" doesn't work, then only a new version will. Else not supporting non-stable Unraid releases.

On 1/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, kharntiitar said:

Hiya @olehj, first off, many thank for this great plugin!!!

I've a question for you, how difficult/feasible would it be to add an extra manual column? Specifically, I'd like to have a "Manufactured Date". I realise this info could be adden in the comments area, but that begins to look untidy quickly. 

Cheers :)

Use "Purchased date" for that instead if you wanna adjust for warranty by the manufacturer date. Choose whatever makes it useful for you. Where I live, it's irrelevant what the manufacturer date is and what warranty they give as it's overruled by the laws here. Some others has to rely on the manufacturer date, so use that date instead of "purchase date". I won't add more as it will make the plugin itself more untidy 😛 

19 hours ago, olehj said:

Problem is likely to be with "smartctl" not recognizing the drive. If "Force scan all" doesn't work, then only a new version will. Else not supporting non-stable Unraid releases.

Hi,

Thanks for your responce, i ran this command:

image.png.0d90e94063b96dbf25014eadab8b3c26.png

So it seems to be supprted.

I will wait until the RC will become stable, and see if there will be a plugin update needed.

Thanks for this usefull plugin btw!!!

9 hours ago, Woutch said:

Hi,

Thanks for your responce, i ran this command:

(cut)

So it seems to be supprted.

I will wait until the RC will become stable, and see if there will be a plugin update needed.

Thanks for this usefull plugin btw!!!

Did you do a "Force Scan All"? Else I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Edited by olehj

Just installed, running 6.9.0-rc2.

It scans and finds my non-nvme drives, but when I go to assign them to a trayID the save button doesn't do anything.  It just resets the trayID settings back to -- and nothing else.

ideas on how I can figure out why?

One small update:  When scanning it does find my nvme drive in the window that pops up, but it never appears in the device list.

thanks

david

Edited by lovingHDTV
3 hours ago, lovingHDTV said:

Just installed, running 6.9.0-rc2.

It scans and finds my non-nvme drives, but when I go to assign them to a trayID the save button doesn't do anything.  It just resets the trayID settings back to -- and nothing else.

ideas on how I can figure out why?

thanks

david

As said before, I do not support alpha/beta/rc versions. Mainly only the current stable (after I bother installing it myself obviously).

On 1/5/2021 at 9:15 PM, olehj said:

Use "Purchased date" for that instead if you wanna adjust for warranty by the manufacturer date. Choose whatever makes it useful for you. Where I live, it's irrelevant what the manufacturer date is and what warranty they give as it's overruled by the laws here. Some others has to rely on the manufacturer date, so use that date instead of "purchase date". I won't add more as it will make the plugin itself more untidy 😛 

Cool cool, makes sense. I record both, I’ll just keep the purchased date in your app and just keep my secondary spreadsheet for the extra details :)

many thanks!! 

14 hours ago, lovingHDTV said:

Not concerned about no nvme drive.  It seems that others can actually update the tray numbers, which I can't do either.

It might be related. 

Anyway, a good place to start is "Force scan all" and if that does't work: delete the database and reinstall the plugin. And -wait- until the plugin says it's installed/done. It may take some time depending on how many drives it needs to check and wake up from standby.

6 minutes ago, olehj said:

It might be related. 

Anyway, a good place to start is "Force scan all" and if that does't work: delete the database and reinstall the plugin. And -wait- until the plugin says it's installed/done. It may take some time depending on how many drives it needs to check and wake up from standby.

I removed the plugin and the sqlite database from the flash.  Re-installed and I can see the scan find my drives.  I then add a Disk Layout of 1x16.  In the configureation tab I see the layout and drives.

image.thumb.png.dabb63ef02b75406499f3135051d5f12.png

I then select the trayID for a drive and hit save.  It goes off and when it comes back nothing changes.

I'll just wait until 6.9 goes GA.  I had to switch because of my SSD drives.

thanks

2 hours ago, lovingHDTV said:

I removed the plugin and the sqlite database from the flash.  Re-installed and I can see the scan find my drives.  I then add a Disk Layout of 1x16.  In the configureation tab I see the layout and drives.

I then select the trayID for a drive and hit save.  It goes off and when it comes back nothing changes.

I'll just wait until 6.9 goes GA.  I had to switch because of my SSD drives.

thanks

You do select a group ID as well? It requires both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great app....I have been using it for sometime, but wanted to know if one could add the option of specifying a Ultra HD-DVD and/or BluRay drive(s)?

As shown below, I run a 4224 Norco with a 2106 stacked on top...the two drives on the far right of the 2106 are a Bluray and HD-DVD drive. 

Would be great to be able to add the optical drives and also adjust the schematic to match the picture?

Thanks!

Bmoney

image.png

image.thumb.png.946b57d8f907140e2fa0cc6279ab63ca.png

Edited by bmoney
On 1/23/2021 at 3:52 PM, shEiD said:

@olehj Thank You so much for this plugin. Awesome job 👍

A little feature request, maybe... It would be nice if `Comment` could be displayed more prominently - larger font size and bold.

Can probably accept some easy formatting tools there for the future, but I am way too busy these days. So just stay tuned I guess 😛

On 2/13/2021 at 10:27 PM, bmoney said:

Great app....I have been using it for sometime, but wanted to know if one could add the option of specifying a Ultra HD-DVD and/or BluRay drive(s)?

As shown below, I run a 4224 Norco with a 2106 stacked on top...the two drives on the far right of the 2106 are a Bluray and HD-DVD drive. 

Would be great to be able to add the optical drives and also adjust the schematic to match the picture?

Thanks!

Bmoney

This has been requested earlier, and there's no way I can make a layout that will match all the various builds out there. There's also no focus on removable media as this isn't really any intention of this plugin. In best case I might add some custom labeling on empty slots - someday.

Edited by olehj
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!, is it possible to manually set tray layouts positions?. Have 3 5in3 boxes, and a an 4in1 boxes. Each of them defined as a different group.

I would like to have in the representation this view (top to down):

4x2.5"-in-1 box (box0)

5x3.5"-in-3 box (box1)

5x3.5"-in-3 box (box2)

5x3.5"-in-3 box (box3)

Just like I see it in the tower.

Update 2021.03.03

• Commit #161 - FEATURE: Formatting of the comment field has been added, read "Help" for more information under the "Tray Allocations" tab. @shEiD
  • Commit #158 - BUG: NVME drives not detected with Unraid 6.9 because of changes in the output of lsscsi. From now on only Unraid 6.9 and above is supported. Older releases has to use the developer build without nvme support or previous Disk Location version. @Woutch @lovingHDTV
Edited by olehj
Tagged the requester
  • Like 1
On 3/1/2021 at 11:32 PM, cyruspy said:

Hello!, is it possible to manually set tray layouts positions?. Have 3 5in3 boxes, and a an 4in1 boxes. Each of them defined as a different group.

I would like to have in the representation this view (top to down):

4x2.5"-in-1 box (box0)

5x3.5"-in-3 box (box1)

5x3.5"-in-3 box (box2)

5x3.5"-in-3 box (box3)

Just like I see it in the tower.

Rather create a common group for the 5*3.5" boxes. 5 columns and 3 rows and own group for the 2.5", guess that's the best you can do for now.