olehj

[PLUGIN] Disk Location

161 posts in this topic Last Reply

3 minutes ago, radfx said:

It doesn’t show that it’s a cache drive but rather marks it as unused.
But that’ll do for now. Unraid sees them both as cache and the plugin sees them at least so I can rest easy.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

Yeah, because some things changes with the path, the plugin will have you set that back up again as the mapping has been lost (there was a discussion about this earlier in this same thread). Glad you found the problem and happy to help. Go get some sleep!

• Like 1

Should we worry about the "Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php on line 95" messages

Just now, GeekMajic said:

Should we worry about the "Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php on line 95" messages

I doubt he's getting that error anymore since he's able to retrieve good data from all of his drives again. That script should expect to see all of that data and just served as an indicator to a deeper problem that he fixed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeekMajic said:

line 95 makes way more sense than line 9. You do not need to worry about that, it is only a converter for the harddisk size to convert from pure bytes to eg. TB. It faults when it does not receive anything. I'll fix this later.

Joe,

Thanks for the rapid reply, but I just installed and am getting the error myself. As I am digging in, I'm finding some other problems like rotational drives shown as SSD.

Edit: The specific drives are all Toshiba X300 (Toshiba HDWE 150/160) that are incorrectly displayed as SSD

Edited by GeekMajic

13 minutes ago, GeekMajic said:

Joe,

Thanks for the rapid reply, but I just installed and am getting the error myself. As I am digging in, I'm finding some other problems like rotational drives shown as SSD.

Edit: The specific drives are all Toshiba X300 (Toshiba HDWE 150/160) that are incorrectly displayed as SSD

Which version of the plugin do you have? This issue should have been fixed some time ago. Yet the SSD is displayed when it find no rotation and it should also check for another input regarding solid state, it might not be 100% but then I can't do so much about it yet until smartmontools gets their info a bit better.

• Like 1

Update 2019.02.18b

• Commit #53 - MINOR ISSUE: Found the actual line, checks for disksize value before calculating human readable size.

This should hopefully fix the warning message you got earlier

• Like 1

7 hours ago, olehj said:

Which version of the plugin do you have? This issue should have been fixed some time ago. Yet the SSD is displayed when it find no rotation and it should also check for another input regarding solid state, it might not be 100% but then I can't do so much about it yet until smartmontools gets their info a bit better.

I'm using 2019.02.18 version. Installed 9 hours, fresh.

2 hours ago, olehj said:

Update 2019.02.18b

• Commit #53 - MINOR ISSUE: Found the actual line, checks for disksize value before calculating human readable size.

This should hopefully fix the warning message you got earlier

I updated to 2019.02.19b.

Confirmed, the line #95 error is gone.

@radfx & @GeekMajic

What you can try to check if the SMART data actually get read, is to set a higher delay for "SMART execution delay"

The plugin setting is a delay to be sure it has closed enough SMART instances before running new ones. It is mainly a nasty hack to be sure PHP has closed the run before opening too many new ones simultaneously which smartmontools does not like. A busy system might need a higher value, try 500 and 1000 just for the fun of diagnostics. It will/might take longer time to load the page with higher values.

You can also try to run

time smartctl -X /dev/sgX

in the terminal to check how long time it takes to execute a SMART read.

NB! The time it takes to read, has no influence over the setting for the plugin itself other than real time.

If this does not help, either SMART is reporting false data or the drive gives weird values.

[mention=81427]radfx[/mention] & [mention=72425]GeekMajic[/mention]
What you can try to check if the SMART data actually get read, is to set a higher delay for "SMART execution delay"

If this does not help, either SMART is reporting false data or the drive gives weird values.

Thank you for all your help, my issue appeared to be a faulty SATA connection and/or cable along that appeared to cause corruption in the plugins Database
I had to delete the sql file from the USB drive and now it’s all working

It shows the cause drives as unused, but at this stage I don’t care, it was 2am when I finished with the server. It’s running, I’m happy :)

Thanks again for everything.