Jump to content
olehj

[PLUGIN] Disk Location

445 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to reverse the order of the trays?  My SC846 Chassis is numbered SAS 0 in the bottom left, SAS 5 Top Left.  Seems like only the reverse is supported?

Share this post


Link to post

I just installed this plugin and when I go to settings and click on Disk Location, the screen just comes up blank.  I am running Unraid 6.6.7 and have tried Settings from both Firefox and Chrome.  Neither of them will give me anything other than a blank screen.  I have also let the browser sit there for several hours, but that did nothing.

 

Also, I installed this from the Apps page and NOT from GitHub.

 

EDIT:  I found the following in the Log, but I have no idea what it means or how to correct it.

 

May 3 10:30:24 Tower nginx: 2019/05/03 10:30:24 [error] 3010#3010: *2807938 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.1.15, server: , request: "GET /Settings/disklocation HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "tower", referrer: "http://tower/Settings"

 

Thoughts?

Edited by smburns25
Missing Information

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/3/2019 at 4:29 PM, sittingmongoose said:

Is there a way to reverse the order of the trays?  My SC846 Chassis is numbered SAS 0 in the bottom left, SAS 5 Top Left.  Seems like only the reverse is supported?

It can currently only reverse the entire unit, but not grouped. It is planned for a future v2 design, but is not directly supported now. Best thing you can do now is to hide the tray numbers or simply ignore them.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/3/2019 at 4:30 PM, smburns25 said:

I just installed this plugin and when I go to settings and click on Disk Location, the screen just comes up blank.  I am running Unraid 6.6.7 and have tried Settings from both Firefox and Chrome.  Neither of them will give me anything other than a blank screen.  I have also let the browser sit there for several hours, but that did nothing.

 

Also, I installed this from the Apps page and NOT from GitHub.

 

EDIT:  I found the following in the Log, but I have no idea what it means or how to correct it.

 

May 3 10:30:24 Tower nginx: 2019/05/03 10:30:24 [error] 3010#3010: *2807938 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.1.15, server: , request: "GET /Settings/disklocation HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "tower", referrer: "http://tower/Settings"

 

Thoughts?

I know that some hard drives might be way slower than others to load any SMART data. Often chucked drives seems to use quite a lot of time to get the data out (probably because they go in true standby mode/turn off or something).

How many drives do you have, and what does "lsscsi -u -g" output? 

Also, maybe try to remove  the plugin and reinstall it again to see if that helps, maybe it couldn't fetch all data from github for some reason (if that is possible). Installing it from the Apps page is technically the same thing as installing it directly via github.

Share this post


Link to post

I have a mix of drives from 1Tb to 3Tb.  Some of the drives are less than a year old while others are several years old.

 

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and a rebooted the server just to be sure.

 

Here is the output of the lsscsi commend

root@Tower:~# lsscsi -u -g
[0:0:0:0]    disk    none                              /dev/sda   /dev/sg0
[2:0:0:0]    disk    50024e9204a9336a                  /dev/sdb   /dev/sg1
[4:0:0:0]    disk    50024e92048ae6a9                  /dev/sdc   /dev/sg2
[5:0:0:0]    disk    50014ee2ac28fe18                  /dev/sdd   /dev/sg3
[6:0:0:0]    disk    50024e9204a9337c                  /dev/sde   /dev/sg4
[9:0:0:0]    disk    50014ee2017e3496                  /dev/sdf   /dev/sg5
[11:0:0:0]   disk    50024e9001dd33b0                  /dev/sdg   /dev/sg6
[12:0:0:0]   disk    50014ee0abce5c0f                  /dev/sdh   /dev/sg7
[13:0:0:0]   disk    5000c5004f5e11ec                  /dev/sdi   /dev/sg8
[14:0:0:0]   disk    50024e9001d3fc49                  /dev/sdj   /dev/sg9
[15:0:0:0]   disk    5000c5004f6566b8                  /dev/sdk   /dev/sg10
[16:0:0:0]   disk    50024e9001d3fc89                  /dev/sdl   /dev/sg11
[17:0:0:0]   disk    5000c5004f653a53                  /dev/sdm   /dev/sg12
[18:0:0:0]   disk    50024e9001d3fc4d                  /dev/sdn   /dev/sg13
[19:0:0:0]   disk    50024e9001dd3393                  /dev/sdo   /dev/sg14
[20:0:0:0]   disk    50024e9002c555aa                  /dev/sdp   /dev/sg15

 

I have a cache and a parity drive plus 12 array drives.

 

Does this help?

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, smburns25 said:

I have a mix of drives from 1Tb to 3Tb.  Some of the drives are less than a year old while others are several years old.

 

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and a rebooted the server just to be sure.

 

Here is the output of the lsscsi commend

root@Tower:~# lsscsi -u -g
...

 

I have a cache and a parity drive plus 12 array drives.

 

Does this help?

The output looks fine, how does "smartctl -x /dev/sg*" look like? Try one drive at a time and check if some drives uses long time to provide any SMART data, hangs or looks different from other drives.

Check all drives from the lsscsi command, I might see data from the unraid debug logs as well if they are all part of the unraid array.

Share this post


Link to post

I checked the drives individually using lsscsi, but nothing appears out of sorts.

 

One of the log statements leads me to believe it may be a clash with a Dynamix plugin.  I uninstalled all of the plugins, but the Dynamix plugins leave behind folders in config/plugins and no matter what I do I cannot delete them or any of the contents of the folders even though the plugins have been removed.

 

Since the drives and the system appear to be working I have t believe that it is something else interfering and this is about all I have left.

 

Any ideas how I can kill these folders even with the locks that are on them?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

If the folder does not have a corresponding .plg file then it is probably part of core Unraid and thus not removable.    All add-on plugins will have a .plg file as that is what is used to install them and to activate them after a reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/8/2019 at 1:24 PM, smburns25 said:

I checked the drives individually using lsscsi, but nothing appears out of sorts.

 

One of the log statements leads me to believe it may be a clash with a Dynamix plugin.  I uninstalled all of the plugins, but the Dynamix plugins leave behind folders in config/plugins and no matter what I do I cannot delete them or any of the contents of the folders even though the plugins have been removed.

 

Since the drives and the system appear to be working I have t believe that it is something else interfering and this is about all I have left.

 

Any ideas how I can kill these folders even with the locks that are on them?

 

Thanks

You tested the drives with smartctl, right?

 

Which Dynamix plugin, and what did the log say? I have multiple dynamix plugins running as well without any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/8/2019 at 8:37 AM, itimpi said:

If the folder does not have a corresponding .plg file then it is probably part of core Unraid and thus not removable.    All add-on plugins will have a .plg file as that is what is used to install them and to activate them after a reboot.

And to further elaborate, if they don't have a .plg then they aren't installed after a reboot. Keep in mind that the contents of flash is not the Unraid OS. The Unraid OS is in RAM. It is loaded from the archives on flash. And .plg files are used to load plugins. No .plg then plugin not loaded.

Share this post


Link to post

I too am getting a blank screen after re-installing Disk Location. It was working right before I decided to remove and re-install.

 

The plugin is now missing from Settings though visible under Plugins, but it doesn't look right

 

I'm running 6.7.0

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 07.05.11.png

Edited by phneutral

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, phneutral said:

I too am getting a blank screen after re-installing Disk Location. It was working right before I decided to remove and re-install.

 

The plugin is now missing from Settings though visible under Plugins, but it doesn't look right

 

I'm running 6.7.0

 

I haven't checked if 6.7.0 got any new updates recently which may break something (I don't run 6.7 myself yet). But make sure you install the plugin via CA or this link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/olehj/disklocation/master/disklocation-master.plg

If by some reason it uses the old URL, it will fail. Also, maybe there was some problems cloning the plugin from github, so just try another re-install. I know they had some hacking attempt earlier, so maybe it was affected. Worth a try.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, olehj said:

haven't checked if 6.7.0 got any new updates recently which may break something (I don't run 6.7 myself yet)

I’m running 6.7. Don’t see any obvious problems with the plugin.

Share this post


Link to post
I too am getting a blank screen after re-installing Disk Location. It was working right before I decided to remove and re-install.
 
The plugin is now missing from Settings though visible under Plugins, but it doesn't look right
 
I'm running 6.7.0
232332296_ScreenShot2019-05-15at07_05_11.thumb.png.133bf43acb335408cd1cb4fffa967b2f.png
Reboot

Sent via telekinesis

Share this post


Link to post

Just updated Unraid to 6.7.0 from 6.6.7, did not encounter any issues with the plugin.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, phneutral said:

I too am getting a blank screen after re-installing Disk Location. It was working right before I decided to remove and re-install.

 

The plugin is now missing from Settings though visible under Plugins, but it doesn't look right

 

I'm running 6.7.0

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 07.05.11.png

Getting the same thing here. The issue appears to be caused when users (from what happened to me and others on here) reinstall the plug-in, either by choice or via an update (what happened to me), when on 6.7.0

 

The plugin worked for me before and after the upgrade from 6.6.1 to 6.7.0 however failed to work after it prompted me there was an update available (the 05.02.2019 update) for it and I went through the update, causing it to reinstall.

 

Tried reinstalling the plugin from CA and from the link provided by the developer at the top of this thread. Also tried rebooting my server. 

No luck after either. only shows up in the location shown above, nothing under settings and when i click on the icon for the plugin on the above screen, it brings me to a blank page. 

 

Please advise. 

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/16/2019 at 4:20 PM, olehj said:

I will look into this when I get some time.

Thank you!  Much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post

Added a new disk to my system , went into config and put in the disk info like location and comments.  Saved it, and now it wont load again.  I am getting this error.

 

Warning: SQLite3::query(): Unable to execute statement: database is locked in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php on line 62

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetchArray() on boolean in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php:64 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/devices.php(215): get_tray_location(Object(DLDB), '27889af0e523973...') #1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(432) : eval()'d code(4): include('/usr/local/emht...') #2 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(432): eval() #3 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php(62): require_once('/usr/local/emht...') #4 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/disklocation/pages/system.php on line 64

Share this post


Link to post

Update 2019.05.21

  • Commit #69 - IMPROVEMENT: Cleared up some UI issues. Made sure that trays can't be written over each other, the newest assigned device will overwrite the existing tray and put the device (if it exists) back in the unassigned table. Also my favorite commit number.

This update might help configuring the trays etc. and might resolve future problems. However I could not detect anything odd regards re-installation of the plugin, nor did I find any issues with the functions for adding new disks to the system.

Adding a new disk to the system -might- require restart, it all depends on how well hot-swapping works (if that is the case here). Locked database might mean it is already being run in the background, sometimes getting smart data from drives will take long time - at least in standby off mode as the platters needs to spin up first. So do not refresh the page while waiting, it might take long time.

Also it might be necessary to delete the sqlite database if the table is already corrupted by wrong entry. This should be fixed from now on, hopefully. :P

 

Update to this version, and try the above. Also be sure to check if all drives have their own serial number (check this by running smartctl, then you can detect the time it takes for the drive to post the output).

Share this post


Link to post

I've tried to install this plugin to my brand new install of unraid (6.7.0)

in the install window, i've got this message

"plugin: skipping: smartmontools-7.0-x86_64-1.txz - Unraid version too high, requires at most version 6.6.9
plugin: skipping: git-2.14.5-x86_64-1_slack14.2.txz - Unraid version too high, requires at most version 6.6.9
"

 

blank screen where i try to launch this plugin

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, popov1100 said:

I've tried to install this plugin to my brand new install of unraid (6.7.0)

in the install window, i've got this message

"plugin: skipping: smartmontools-7.0-x86_64-1.txz - Unraid version too high, requires at most version 6.6.9
plugin: skipping: git-2.14.5-x86_64-1_slack14.2.txz - Unraid version too high, requires at most version 6.6.9
"

 

blank screen where i try to launch this plugin

Download the nerd pack plugin.  Then from there install smartmontools.

 

you need nerd pack to install some other things for other dockers or plugins anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

smartmontools (and git) should be included in Unraid 6.7.0 by default and is why this is not included in the installer anymore.

When you launch the plugin, it might take a very long time depending on how many drives you have installed and how fast they respond to smartctl. In my experience, shucked drives from enclosures might use a relatively long time as they often spin down regardless of power settings. But even normal drives can use some time, and if you have 8+ drives it might take a very long time before the plugin loads. 

 

I can imagine that this plugin might be a nightmare with 24+ slow responding drives, you should try to use smartctl on each drive manually to see if that might be the case. I have no other data to debug this further.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.