Web interface horribly slow after enabling SSL

In setting up my new server I was intending to utilise XFS encrypted as my default file system. After successfully provisioning a certificate the UI became incredibly slow. It took 30sec for a page to become available.

Ive turned off SSL in Management Access area and the UI is once again responsive.

What's going on here? 

31 minutes ago, dfrelow said:

I also am having this issue. loading pages like Plugins and VMs takes in excess of 20 seconds.

ncc-1701-diagnostics-20190131-0833.zip

Those two pages have always taken quite a long time to load.   I think a lot goes on behind the scenes when loading those pages.

Does not mean I would not like them to load faster if a way can be found to achieve that :)

Edited by itimpi

Never this long, and this only started after turning on SSL. Even the dashboard takes that long to fully populate. its clearly an issue with lets encrypt certs in 6.6.6 this was not an issue with self-signed certs in 6.6.4

EDIT:
Here is a video.

Edited by dfrelow
Added video to prevent further dismissal of my claims

We've never seen this problem, load times are always indistinguishable whether using http or https.  Maybe your server is having connectivity issues verifying the certificate with Lets Encrypt?  eg, DNS setup wrong.  Maybe use 'inspect' in your browser and then bring up Network activity to see what's happening.

I'm not exactly sure what to look for in the network inspector in chrome. but my server has already received its cert key pair from let's encrypt. It shouldn't be reaching out to let's encrypt for every page request (from my understanding of the SSL model).  I will look into the DNS setup.

I think the mapping of <Crazy_String>.unraid.net to x.x.0.117 might be causing some errors. But seems to me like maybe a PHP issue. where CSS and some of the elements are loading but the content is not populating the page. Could unraid be linking to resources using its local IP which then needs to be redirected to <Crazy_String>.unraid.net causing this delay?

EDIT:

Incognito mode works flawlessly. now I'm very confused.

Edited by dfrelow
1 hour ago, dfrelow said:

I'm not exactly sure what to look for in the network inspector in chrome. but my server has already received its cert key pair from let's encrypt. It shouldn't be reaching out to let's encrypt for every page request (from my understanding of the SSL model).  I will look into the DNS setup.

I think the mapping of <Crazy_String>.unraid.net to x.x.0.117 might be causing some errors. But seems to me like maybe a PHP issue. where CSS and some of the elements are loading but the content is not populating the page. Could unraid be linking to resources using its local IP which then needs to be redirected to <Crazy_String>.unraid.net causing this delay?

EDIT:

Incognito mode works flawlessly. now I'm very confused.

Try a safe-mode boot, could be a plugin trying to reach some site.

Edit: should say: we enable 'stapling' with the cert that will limit how often a cert is validated, but they do need to be validated from time to time.

2 hours ago, dfrelow said:

I've actually narrowed it down to the "Grammarly spell check" extension. Infortunetly me speell no good. So ive resigned my self to just logging in with incognito mode, its not the end of the world. Good luck to others effected by this. 

Why not use a different browser for accessing the webGUI?