LAN transfer speed issue. Not UnRaid

allischalmersman

As title suggests I have a LAN transfer speed issue I cannot diagnose and fix.  I know it is related to this Windows machine though.  It is not UnRaid, and it is not the network.  This PC used to saturate my 1 Gbps link during writes to Unraid.  Now it hovers around 50-60 MB/s.  At this point other than reloading a fresh install of Windows I don't know what to do.  My googlefu is at its end.  Any suggestions super welcome

Other PCs plugged into the same port will saturate the 1 Gbps link writing to UnRaid.  110-112 MB/s solid.  (this PC used to also)

Been wanting to create a port channel for this PC anyway since my UnRaid server has a 4 Gbps channel-group  So now this PC has 5 brand new CAT6 cables creating a 5 Gbps channel-group to my Cisco 3750X switch.  Then the UnRaid server has a 4 Gbps channel-group also to the 3750X.  

The PC is no slouch.  Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.  i7 5820k 6 core / 12 thread CPU, 32 GB DDR4.  I've reloaded drivers, I've now added an additional NIC.

Other than doing a fresh install of Windows I'm at the end of my rope.  I don't know what to do.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Andrew

8 hours ago, allischalmersman said:

back to 112 MB/s.  Would have thought I would be closer to my drive speed now that I have a 5gbps link

Pretty sure SMB transfers aren't multi channel, so to saturate the link you would need multiple diverse connections. I bet if you opened a FTP transfer and NFS at the same time you could get decent rates on all of them simultaneously.

• Like 1
Pretty sure SMB transfers aren't multi channel, so to saturate the link you would need multiple diverse connections. I bet if you opened a FTP transfer and NFS at the same time you could get decent rates on all of them simultaneously.
I did some quick reading before bed last night and yeah what you say is exactly what I read. Basically I created a multi-lane highway but did not increase the speed for one car LOL

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...