Port Options

I am requesting a little bit of help or advise on an issue I am having.

I am currently using DelugeVPN which works fine. However I am having issues with port forwarding.

I set up a port forward in my router but when I test to see if that port is open using canyouseeme.org it tells me its not open.

The VPN I use is PIA. Is this a limitation of using a VPN?

What other options do I have?

I know I have port forwarding set up correctly because plex works fine with a port forward, purely because it is not running behind a VPN.

I use deluge_vpn and do portforwarding via airvpn and all I need to do is select a port on the airvpn site and set it in the deluge_vpn gui. afaik no need to open a port in your router. all container traffic is routed by the docker through your vpn tunnel. you do the port check from outside the docker ? thats probably why your port check comes back negative :)

Edited by unrateable

Yes I was doing the port check from outside the docker. That explains that.

PIA dont allow you to port forward from the site.

They do have port forwarding enabled gateways, which when using the desktop app will tell you what the port number is, however not sure how I would even work out what the port number is from inside the container.... if that makes sense.