Unraid configuration stored where?

I was just about to buy a registration key, and when i stopped the array I got an error message stating that my usb device was blacklisted.  

I took it out of the machine and then tried to connect it to my windows machine without success.  When I plugged it back into my server, i couldn't do anything via the webgui.  I have since shutdown the machine.  Is my config lost? If i try to use a new usb key, even though i was using a trial key.. am i screwed?  Do I have to rebuild/reconfigure everything all over again? Setup my array, dockers, etc?

If the device is totally unreadable, even via windows, then obtain a new high-quality name-brand usb flash device and reinstall Unraid OS onto it, boot your server and get a new Trial key.  You will need to reassign all your storage devices to parity-array and cache as you can remember.  In this situation there are three rules:

1. Don't assign any device to Parity or Parity 2 unless you know that device does not contain valid data.
  2. Don't assign any device to Cache or Cache pool until after you have your parity-array reconfigured.
  3. Don't click any Format button.

For step 1, you can leave Parity/Parity 2 unassigned, reassign your data disks, and then Start array and you should see all the shares there.  Later after you've figured out what devices were for parity you can go back and assign them.

Step 2 can be trickier, especially if you had a multi-device pool.  In this case, going to command line and typing this may help with identification:

blkid

Once you have re-configured the storage devices correctly, all your shares should be ok, but if you changed any settings off their default, then you will need to go fix that.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mordack said:

so what about the config for plugins/dockers/etc?  is that gone? or is that stored on the array?

yes that's in 'config' directory on the flash

2 minutes ago, mordack said:

It sounds like I will be primarily recreating my array like a new install, but I will have data on it.  correct?

correct, provided you don't overwrite it by assigning a data disk to parity 😮

34 minutes ago, mordack said:

So I am going to have to reinstall / config my dockers?  ☹️

Yes, but the appdata is on the disks. It is just the docker templates that are on flash, the stuff that you fill out when creating/editing a docker. Unfortunately that means setting them all up again, but if you set them back up again exactly as before then they should pick up where they left off.

Thank you all for your help.  I have climbed down from my ledge. 

I was able to get everything back up and running.  Then immediately backed up the flash :)

Now I'm working on reinstalling some of the plugins that I had installed.. CA makes that pretty easy tho. 

For my peace of mind.. even though I selected the correct parity drive, the system running a parity-sync rebuild is normal right?  All of my data appears to be intact...

Edited by mordack
things