Cannot connect to unRaid shares from Windows 10

1 hour ago, curtp said:

Would anyone might know why I am having such an issue. I transferred some files from a usb drive to unraid but when I try and access it via windows it'll allow me to go into the share but not the particular folder I just moved over in unraid. In unraid using krusader I can go into the files I just moved just fine. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

how did you transfer the files?   If it was done using Krusader then it is possible the permissions got messed up.    If so running Tools->New Permissions on the relevant share should fix that.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, itimpi said:

how did you transfer the files?   If it was done using Krusader then it is possible the permissions got messed up.    If so running Tools->New Permissions on the relevant share should fix that.

Thanks it's working fine now. Very much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are looking for another way to make this work without enabling unsecure connections:

- Create a user in unRaid > Users menu (unless you have one already)

- Open "Control Panel" > "Credential Manager" on the computer you are trying to access the unRAID server shares

- Click "Windows Credentials" > "Add a Windows credential"

- Enter the network name of the unRaid server for "Internet or network address (example: \\THETOWER)

- Enter "username" & "password" of the user on the unRAID server.

- Click ok.

Done, you should be able to just open the unRAID server and all public shares on it.

Edited by CrashDDL
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...