Sonarr Media Managment help

Ive looked at various tutorials and post but my Sonarr isnt doing what I want... Hopefully someone can help me :)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it goes:

So ive been using unraid for a while now including the docker containers and I jsut cant get this quite right...

So, I want to download a series called: Example

Sonarr is set to create season folders, which it sort of does... Its creating the root folder called Example but whats happening is that it just downloads the series folder/episode individually into my selected directory but doesn't move to that root folder automatically.

Im hoping your all following what I am trying to explain.

Here is an example:

gw8Kg7p.jpg

Ive tried many different combinations but no luck, here is how my system folders are set out on unraid:

Sab Settings:

FHwrvac.jpg

Sonarr Settings-

zQ4RYLL.jpg

16 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Just so you can see, this is my Sonarr:

sonarr.PNG.371ba8971785dc5182812bfe6ccbca5c.PNG

And my nzbget:

nzbget.PNG.06a577d060cbb7d9575d5aa33d597db0.PNG

I did have them separate shares but it didnt make any difference so thats why i moved it to the same share. And it is putting the downloads in the correct place of TV, just not into the root folder i.e. Big bang theory as the root, it places other episodes or seasons outside of that folder. Like my screenshot.

23 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I think the problem is that the /download path in Sonarr does not match the /download path in Sab. Try changing it to match what you have for Sab.

Just changed it and tried again, sadly its the same thing. Its not putting the download in the correct, already existing folder.

t7EP8gZ.jpg

Its put it in the correct share, but not the correct folder?

EDIT: I appreciate the help by the way.

Edited by grinnell27
Just now, grinnell27 said:

Just changed it and tried again, sadly its the same thing. Its not putting the download in the correct, already existing folder.

t7EP8gZ.jpg

Its put it in the correct share, but not the correct folder?

What did you change it to? SAB shouldn't be downloading directly to your TV folder if that's what you are doing. The 'downloads' folder has a specific file structure that Sonarr uses. You should be using the Media Management settings in Sonarr to properly rename the downloads.

7 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

What did you change it to? SAB shouldn't be downloading directly to your TV folder if that's what you are doing. The 'downloads' folder has a specific file structure that Sonarr uses. You should be using the Media Management settings in Sonarr to properly rename the downloads.

It is a separate folder just within the plex media share, that is not its final resting place.

Here is how it is set-up:

/mnt/user/plexmedia/downloads - This is the folder that contains a complete and inter file used for Sabnzb

/mnt/user/plexmedia/TV Series - This is my TV series location

/mnt/user/plexmedia/movies- This is the place for movies.

Currently it downloads an episode, puts it in /mnt/user/plexmedia/downloads/complete, then sonarr auto moves it to the correct location (/mnt/user/plexmedia/TV Series) however it isnt placing it in the correct folder once its moved to the TV location i.e How to get away with murder (like the above screenshot)

I did have it set-up previously to download to a completely different share but it was doing the same thing.

3 minutes ago, grinnell27 said:

It is a separate folder just within the plex media share, that is not its final resting place.

Here is how it is set-up:

/mnt/user/plexmedia/downloads - This is the folder that contains a complete and inter file used for Sabnzb

/mnt/user/plexmedia/TV Series - This is my TV series location

/mnt/user/plexmedia/movies- This is the place for movies.

Currently it downloads an episode, puts it in /mnt/user/plexmedia/downloads/complete, then sonarr auto moves it to the correct location (/mnt/user/plexmedia/TV Series) however it isnt placing it in the correct folder once its moved to the TV location i.e How to get away with murder (like the above screenshot)

I did have it set-up previously to download to a completely different share but it was doing the same thing.

Then you need to look at your "Episode Naming" settings. Just for example, this is mine:

sonarr2.thumb.PNG.2b4bf344533e61496635f7532d928b1a.PNG

Almost, I don't include the quality in my naming. But Plex ignores anything after "SxxExx" anyway.

The only other place to look is in your specific series settings. When you add a series it should point to just "/tv/". If you need to change an existing series make sure the path is where you wish it to be.

8 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Almost, I don't include the quality in my naming. But Plex ignores anything after "SxxExx" anyway.

The only other place to look is in your specific series settings. When you add a series it should point to just "/tv/". If you need to change an existing series make sure the path is where you wish it to be.

If I download something new it will have a path of /tv/

pfZvGHp.jpg

If I click on the series in sonarr it would then say /tv/example

HBnsweL.jpg

But the episodes still dont go in that folder it is specifying?

I love UnRaid and sonarr/radarr but im dying a little inside now lol

Edited by grinnell27
6 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Not sure what's going on then. Granted, I'm not familiar with Sab but to me it looks like that part is working?

Yeah, its downloading, then moving to the correct place it seems, its just the sonarr aspect that seems like its not doing its job?

Ill post up some sab stuff anyway in case someone else is familiar:

NOTE: Inside PlexMedia is a folder Called Downloads, thats why it looks weird and says /downloads/downloads

Docker Settings:

x5fMvj3.jpg

Categories:

pV9aK3z.jpg

Folders:

SO4nJEo.jpg

Edited by grinnell27

I do not use Sonarr, so I may be wrong, and can not test it...

But, look at your Season Folder Format setting, it is set to:

Season {season}

I think it will work as you desire if you change it to:

Season {season:00}

I think setting it in the normal screen, will also allow it to show with the new setting in the advanced settings, if not change it there too.

I think this is the same as going from a null, or undefined folder configuration to a defined format for the folder configuration for the season number xx folders.

• 1 year later...

Not exactly in line with the above posts but I have been unable to change the Season Folder Format from Season {season} to Season {season:00}.  I understand I have to use the + button but when I save my changes, the system reverts back to the default of Season {season}.  I found a year old post via Google about this issue but the discussion was closed without a resolution but there was a hint in there that using a different browser (I use Chrome) might make a difference.

Anyone else ran into this issue?

11 minutes ago, quidam said:

Not exactly in line with the above posts

Since this your first post to our forum and you don't mention it, which docker are you using? Or are you even using this on Unraid? (the purpose of our forum).

Probably most of these questions on this thread are better suited for the Sonarr website. 

Yes, that would help I guess.

I am using the linuxserver.io sonarr docker.  For the moment, I also use FileBot on my workstation to rename content but I found that sonarr was doing a pretty good job on its own if not for the {season:00} issue.  I will visit the sonarr website to see if this a known issue or not.