Dell T20 Not Posting After PCIE Device Installed

Please help!  Here is my setup that was working: 

Dell T20

Unraid 6.6.6.

16MB RAM (4x4)

2 Port Sata Controller - Slot 2 (pcie)

Cache & Parity (connected to sata controller)

4 HDD (connected to MB)

Quad Port HPE NC364t (only 2 ports were working) - Slot 4 (pcie)

I was running pfsense on a VM with Acme Certs and HAproxy.  All was working without issue except for the 2 ports on NC364t which never worked.  In an effort to fix that, I had an extra single NIC laying around so I put it in Slot 4 and moved the quad to Port 1.  After doing this, I couldn't get the server to post.  It was getting power but no video and not able to get to bios.

After a little research, I removed all extra components and the server posted again.  I added back each component to identify the troublemaker.  When I added the sata controller, it stopped posting.  I tried a different pcie slot and still it wouldn't post.  I assumed that was the culprit.  I then reattached the quad NIC to port 4 with no sata card and it wouldn't post either.  After more testing, it seems like anytime that I put a component into any of the pci/pcie slots, the damn server won't post.  

I've tried every setting possible in the bios (enable/disable pci slots; UEFI/Legacy; etc).  I feel like it might have something to do with passthrough of the NIC to the VM but I have no idea if that is the case.  I'm stuck and without the sata working, I can't even start the array because too many disk are missing.  

Ohh..I ran diagnostics at startup and everything turns out fine although it doesn't seem to test pci slots. But memory, gpu, and cpu are all fine according to Dell's pre-os diagnostic.

Edited by jthacker48
Left out a portion