[Support] binhex - Jellyfin

Just an FYI for everyone who has an NVIDIA GPU.  The Linuxserver I/O docker for NVIDIA cards will support H/W Transcoding in Jellyfin (just like it does in Emby without the PAID subscription model)

Got it up and running a few hours ago and tested out two concurrent streams on my 1050ti

• Like 3
Just an FYI for everyone who has an NVIDIA GPU.  The Linuxserver I/O docker for NVIDIA cards will support H/W Transcoding in Jellyfin (just like it does in Emby without the PAID subscription model)

Got it up and running a few hours ago and tested out two concurrent streams on my 1050ti

Its reading stuff like this that adds fuel to my itch to burn money up on a Quattro to play with the new NVIDIA UNRAID support even though there is just 3 users max running plex.

So plex, now jellyfin, possibly a minecraft docker and who knows what else.
19 minutes ago, Trunkton said:

Its reading stuff like this that adds fuel to my itch to burn money up on a Quattro to play with the new NVIDIA UNRAID support even though there is just 3 users max running plex. emoji28.png

So plex, now jellyfin, possibly a minecraft docker and who knows what else.

If the "Quattro" is the P2000(?) card, than that card supports unlimited transcodes, FYI.  

Edited by CoZ
Wasn't vague enough initially

Is anyone else having a problem pulling down version 10.2.0-1-01 that was built a couple of days ago? I have removed the old image and pulled down the new one but I keep just getting the 10.1.0-3-03 version from a couple of weeks ago. If i look at Docker hub i notice both releases have the same commit source and i'm wondering if that is the issue here. Previous releases have a unique source.

SHOT-2-20-2019-9.11.45 AM.png

1 hour ago, MickeyJello said:

If i look at Docker hub i notice both releases have the same commit source and i'm wondering if that is the issue here

thats not the issue, they have the same commit because there were no code changes on github, that doesnt mean that they pull down the same version of the app though during build time, what is defined in "repository" when you left click the icon in docker tab and select edit?

2 hours ago, binhex said:

Looks like they have made a change to the arguments should be easy enough to fix I'll take a look shortly

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

new image now built, please pull down, it was a little bit more work than first thought as i have created more structure to the /config folder, obviously i then need to deal with existing data, so i THINK i got everything covered (works in testing), if you have issues or missing configuration then please can you ssh to the host and issue the following, so i can see what hasnt been moved over:-

ls -al <host path defined for /config>

e.g.

ls -al /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-jellyfin/

Looking good! Unraid automatically pulled down the new image and it is working. My user account was renamed to 'nobody', but that's the only issue I can see thus far. Thanks for the extra work on this one. I think there are a lot of us that have high hopes for this project as both Plex and Emby keep pulling in more.. corporate directions.

12 minutes ago, MickeyJello said:

My user account was renamed to 'nobody', but that's the only issue I can see thus far

i THINK that probably was already the case, user 'nobody' is the account used to run the jellyfin process and thus its probably just picking that up, dunno if you can rename/alias it using the jellyfin ui, i would personally tend to ignore it though.

The user was named differently previously, but it was easy to just rename it again (talking about the users inside the application). It does look like my library had to be rescanned. Not sure it's the "fault" of the container or the application. It's a beta product after all. Attaching the file structure as requested just in case.

SHOT-2-21-2019-9.55.29 AM.png

3 minutes ago, MickeyJello said:

The user was named differently previously, but it was easy to just rename it again (talking about the users inside the application).

ok so the folder /config/metadata didnt get moved, not sure where this should go, whether it should be moved to /config/data/metadata or /config/config/metadata but i think thats the cause of the username reverting back, as i can see within metadata their is a folder called "People" which im assuming contains users, as you have already renamed yours back i dont think you need to worry about this, and can simply delete the metadata folder if you wish.

the /config/transcoding-temp folder is a temp folder, so again that can now be deleted, not worried about moving that over, other than that it looks clean.

8 minutes ago, MickeyJello said:

It does look like my library had to be rescanned. Not sure it's the "fault" of the container or the application

hmm not sure about this, perhaps it always does a rescan on startup?, or perhaps jellyfin didnt shutdown gracefully and thus does a rescan to check for corruption, who knows!, keep an eye on it.

Yep. It was the missing metadata folder. I moved it into /config/data/metadata, restarted and everything looks good now. The People folder is for Actors, Directors, etc. It looks like the user data was stored in /config/config/users but have now been moved to an actual db? (/config/data/data/users.db) Not too sure on that one, but like I said it was trivial to correct.

2 minutes ago, MickeyJello said:

I moved it into /config/data/metadata, restarted and everything looks good now. The People folder is for Actors, Directors, etc.

just to double check is that path /config/data/metadata or /config/data/data/metadata? and did you delete the existing folder prior to the move?

20 hours ago, darckhart said:

not sure if it's JF's problem or not, but trying to disable "remote connections" will bork the whole thing, ie, cannot access JF even on lan at this point.

thats because 'remote connections' is anything outside of the containers network, as in nothing other than processes running in the container, in a traditional install of this on a phy box disabling remote connections would mean you could still get to jellyfin on loopback as its using the hosts network stack, so its not really a bug per say, just its not an option with docker in mind, now im sure you wont do it again right 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

So I am trying to setup reverse proxy with this.  I can access the docker on LAN via the reverse proxy address.  However, if I try to access that same link on WAN, I get "Forbidden".  To do some testing, I want to enable https via the default port. However when I manually add it to the docker it does not resolve via HTTPS://LOCALIP:8920

Any ideas?  Further why wasn't the HTTPS: port included? Any particular reason?  Thanks Binhex!