[Support] binhex - Jellyfin

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, got it working with linuxserver, not with binhex. I enable it, but when I play a movie the settings gets reset.

Is like all settings in the binhex container resets.

When adding shared network folder I get an error. When adding the same path to linuxserver og binhex-emby there is no issue at all, only for binhex-jellyfin. Same goes for some of the other settings like use nfo, transcoding and some other stuff.

nfs://unraid-server/mnt/user/shared/media/movies/

260810236_jellyerror.png.334759cb9a5429ebc82524ceb9e5cfd2.png

Edited by ProphetSe7en
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does this image auto update? Some reason I'm not able to get the latest 10.4.0 that was released 15 hrs ago.
General rule with binhex containers is that they do not auto update. If / when the update gets pushed to whatever repo he pulls from then an update to the container gets pushed

Sent from my NSA monitored device

55 minutes ago, esoteradactyl said:

Getting "Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?" when trying to update this container.

The xml doesn't exist / is corrupted in /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user  Or your flash drive dropped offline.

• 2 months later...

After I disabled "allow remote connections" in Jellyfin I can't access the WebUI. It just says "forbidden". Is it because it's in the docker container that it thinks I'm trying to access it remotely, even though I'm on my local network? Is there anyway to regain access (maybe a command through the console?) or do I need to remove it and set it up again?

2 hours ago, yo39 said:

After I disabled "allow remote connections" in Jellyfin I can't access the WebUI. It just says "forbidden". Is it because it's in the docker container that it thinks I'm trying to access it remotely, even though I'm on my local network? Is there anyway to regain access (maybe a command through the console?) or do I need to remove it and set it up again?

It's probably caused by docker having its own IP range and sees your local network  as remote.

There might be a settings file you can edit, but I do not know which or where. Might be better to ask jellyfin. Unless binhex knows.

3 hours ago, yo39 said:

The config file is located under appdata/binhex-jellyfin/config/system.xml on your Unraid Server. Path my vary depending on your setup.

And change this line from false to true

<EnableRemoteAccess>true</EnableRemoteAccess>

I hope this works, i didn't try myself

Edited by Sundune
Information to Path location
9 hours ago, Sundune said:

The config file is located under appdata/binhex-jellyfin/config/system.xml on your Unraid Server. Path my vary depending on your setup.

And change this line from false to true

<EnableRemoteAccess>true</EnableRemoteAccess>

I hope this works, i didn't try myself

Thanks, that did fix it! I only plan on using Jellyfin on my local network and that's why I tried disabling remote access. I'm trying to understand if it's now accessible from outside my network, although the ports it uses dont seem to be open to the internet. If I need to have remote connections enabled I may just set up the reverse proxy.

21 minutes ago, yo39 said:

Thanks, that did fix it! I only plan on using Jellyfin on my local network and that's why I tried disabling remote access. I'm trying to understand if it's now accessible from outside my network, although the ports it uses dont seem to be open to the internet. If I need to have remote connections enabled I may just set up the reverse proxy.

As long as you don't have the ports forwarded in your router and automatic port forwarding isn't enabled in your router, jellyfin shouldn't be accessible outside of your network. 

Glad you got it fixed

On 6/21/2019 at 6:44 AM, dee31797 said:

Connected to the console of the container and installed the intel GPU driver just as a test.  That won't work for long term use since every time the container is updated the driver won't be there.  I believe the linuxserver jellyfin has intel support.

Does the binhex version have the intel GPU support built in yet?  Or is that still a linuxserver special?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have the latest Docker of JellyFin (Version: 10.4.3) and it cannot seem to record from either of my HD HomeRuns.   I successfully added each device, connected my 'Schedules Direct' account.   Channels are found and mapped correctly.  Does any one know what it takes to get this to work?    Both HD HomeRuns work in Mythtv, Plex and Emby so it seems directly related to JellyFin and how I have it setup.    I've attached some of my log file in case anyone asks.

Thanks much.

Jellyfin Logs.txt

On 1/26/2020 at 8:35 PM, [email protected] said:

Hello All,

I have the latest Docker of JellyFin (Version: 10.4.3) and it cannot seem to record from either of my HD HomeRuns.   I successfully added each device, connected my 'Schedules Direct' account.   Channels are found and mapped correctly.  Does any one know what it takes to get this to work?    Both HD HomeRuns work in Mythtv, Plex and Emby so it seems directly related to JellyFin and how I have it setup.    I've attached some of my log file in case anyone asks.

Thanks much.

Jellyfin Logs.txt 5.95 kB · 0 downloads

as i dont own a HDHomeRun and the Jellyfin team know their software inside out i would advise you to raise a github 'issue' for this and see if they can help, link is shown in OP for 'application'.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently updated the app (think it's on v10.5.2 now) and suddenly subtitles don't work anymore. Tried a few different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and they're all busted. I played the same file from before update where subs did show, and now after update they don't show. Is this an issue I should file with the JF devs?

edit: answered my own question with some searching on github. looks like they fixed the bug in the nightly. will hang tight for next update.

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/issues/2650

Edited by darckhart

I just set up Jellyfin Version: 10.5.2.  I've added --runtime=nvidia in Extra Parameters and two variables.  The first key NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES, value all, and the second is NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and what's being reported for my GPU 0 UUID in the value.

I enabled Nvidia NVENC and checked all boxes.   But when I set a video to transcode, I don't get anything reported when I watch nvidia-smi.

I've set up Plex the identical way and it shows in the smi output.

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT - Figured it out, can't be done with binhex's version of Jellyfin.

Edited by NitroNine