Two Disk's Disabled on the same controller

Ziggsta

It got hot here today at least 40c, and my server was running in a warm air conditioned room all day when I noticed that one of my mounted unassigned disks wasn't working. I checked Unraid and found that it was properly mounted however two disks on the array had been disabled these are two of my oldest disks that are both on a separate PCIe controller card. 

Now in an attempt to fix this I restarted my server not knowing I should have downloaded my diagnostic logs first, both drives appear to be healthy according to smart and a short test on one of them has also passed. I have the logs since the reboot which are pretty useless I think but I also have the most recent log saved in my Unraid flash logs folder but even this is confusing because it appears my system clock was wrong at some point recently.

I have twin parity drives running and they where last checked a couple of weeks ago and Unraid believes they are still valid if I need to rebuild, though I do not have ECC memory on my sever so I'm terrified of idea of doing my first rebuild.

So my thinking is that in the heat today perhaps the controller error'd causing a fault on both drives which made Unraid disable them both, but unless I have the log file there's no way of knowing for sure. I'll attach the two most recent syslog.txt files and the drive's smart logs to this post. 

I put my Unraid server to sleep each night and I suspect that I have lost the log between the the sleep of the server last night and the start/shutdown today on finding the disabled disks.

Please let me know what I should do next, if it was a single drive I would probably be rebuilding it right now, but because it is two on the one controller I'm not sure how I should proceed, for example maybe I should backup the data on the drives before I attempt to rebuild them? if that's even possible.

ST2000DL003-9VT166_5YD5JHQC-20190130-1415 disk6 (sdh).txt

ST2000DL003-9VT166_5YD5JHQC-20190130-1847 disk6 (sdh) - DISK_DSBL.txt

syslog-20190130-1415.txt

syslog-20190130-1847.txt

WDC_WD1001FALS-00J7B1_WD-WMATV4440538-20190130-1415 disk1 (sdf).txt

WDC_WD1001FALS-00J7B1_WD-WMATV4440538-20190130-1847 disk1 (sdf) - DISK_DSBL.txt

Edited by Ziggsta

Since posting I've found that I can access the disk's via ssh terminal still as they are mounted in Linux, and I've begun copying there contents off onto an unassigned disk approx 2.5TB of data as I don't think this could cause any further harm.

Edited by Ziggsta

Next time please post the complete diagnostics.

WD looks fine, Seagate mostly fine, safest option would be rebuilding to new disks while keeping the old ones intact in case something goes wrong during the rebuild, but should be OK to rebuild on top of the old ones, but in that case first check they are mounting and contents look correct.

• Upvote 1