Static IP Windows 10 VM

holcsy

Hi guys,

So, I'm new to UnRaid, I've been using HyperV for as long as I can remember and even with that I'm a beginner.

I've got a Hetzner Hosted Dedicated Server (i7, 64GB, 4xSSD, etc etc) and I plan to use it as a media server, stream server and maybe a few smaller VM's. I'm running UnRaid 6.4 and I've successfully made it to the point I have a just about working Windows 10 VM, just no internet connection! I've installed all the VirtIO drivers etc. My main problem is I have 3 dedicated (static) IP's from Hetzner all under the same gateway with different MAC's for Virtulization but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to assign the VM's a static IP through UnRaid. Or even add the IP's to UnRaid...

I've done everything I can think of TNA so any help would be awesome! If anymore info is needed let me know, I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread!

I'm not entirely sure I understand your situation, but you can edit the VM template and set the MAC to anything you want. unRAID doesn't assign IP's. That's the job of a DHCP server, or you set a static IP in Windows. 

So it sounds like your provider has a DHCP server with three static leases assigned to your MAC addresses. In which case you probably just need to overwrite the MAC in the VM template. Otherwise you need to get the MAC from your VM template and give it to your provider/dhcp admin. 

If your provider is not using dhcp static leases, then you just have to properly configure the static ip, subnet, gateway, and dns in Windows

Edited by WashingtonMatt