Unraid UnResponsive

I am dealing with an issue where my Unraid machine becomes unresponsive.  I am a little confused because when I go to the diagnostic and view the logs, they seem to be only from after the server was rebooted. This has only start recently (within the past month) and seems to be every week or so.  The last time machine became unresponsive on 1/29/2019 around 18:20.  I did take a picture of what was on the screen before i performed a hard shutdown to reboot the machine.  I am just not sure why the log files do not seem to include anything prior to the reboot.  I am sure it is something I am doing incorrectly, but I am fairly new to Unraid.  Any help is appreciated. 

link-srv-001-diagnostics-20190130-0545.zip

IMG_0282.jpg

Edited by beaverly72
Added more details regarding frequency

The Unraid OS is running in RAM and all the OS files including logs are in RAM, so don't survive a reboot. The Fix Common Problems plugin has a Troubleshooting Mode that periodically saves logs to the flash drive.

Nothing obvious to me in those diagnostics. Have you done a memtest? Memtest is on the boot menu.

37 minutes ago, beaverly72 said:

I have not performed a memtest yet.  I have heard anywhere from 3 to 5 passes by memtest are required to ensure the RAM has no issues.  Does this seem accurate?

memtest only tests the ram cells and data path between cpu and memory controller.  It does not test other data paths, eg., PCI to/from memory via DMA.  That said, nearly all memory related issued are due to bad ram cells.

• 1 month later...