Compatible?

Erbu

Hi! I got a Ryzen 5 2600X processor, GTX 1080 TI, GTX 1060 and an AMD r9 255 GPU. I am trying to replicate Linus's 2 Gamers 1 CPU project and I am not 100% sure if it works with Unraid with these specs. I want to use the r9 255 as the GPU for Unraid and GTX 1080 ti and GTX 1060 for 2 gaming setups. Will it work?

Should work.
I only have 1  GTX 1080 ti, but with modified rom it works passing it through (I don't use the unraid Gui)
The important component is the motherboard, how you want to set it up is dependent on the IOMMU grouping of the motherboard.
it is preffered you use a usb controller for a VM (som usb devices can be unstable being passed through directly, so I heard)
if the motherboard only have 2 usb controllers, one is taken by boot USB drive with unraid on, this could cause some problems (or buy a PCI-e USB card)
I have 3 usb controllers on my motherboard, so I have no problems when/if I want to add another gaming VM.

• Upvote 1