New build

Hello all

Ryzen 5 1600 is at $100 at Micro Center right now, which seems a good price for a CPU with a 12,266 passmark

What motherboard should I be looking for ? Is there any one I should at least avoid?

I'm not planning to pass-thru any GPU (at least not now) , so i would just need a basic video card to access the BIOS if needed

As a matter of fact,  I do have an "old" PCI video card (fanless), so I need a motherboard with PCI slot 

The only one I can find at Micro Center is this one:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/476090/prime-b350-plus-am4-atx-amd-motherboard

Is this a decent choice, or am I exposing myself to issues?

Should I chose a better chipset then B350, or it will be fine?

Thanks

The B series boards will be fine as long as you know their limitations going in...heck any board will be fine as long as you know what you want and understand the limitations.  I also haven't seen an AMD board yet with a PCI slot, then again I haven't really looked ;).  I do know my SM C246 board has one, but that's for a whole different level of processor so not relevant to this...other than I can't believe in 2019 I got a new motherboard on a brand new chipset with a freaking PCI slot...Really?

Another option is to spend $40 on a passive PCI-E video card and open the world of options you have up wider...I'm going to guess that would be cheaper and net you a lot better end results.

Edit for link: https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-Profile-Graphic-ZT-71304-20L/dp/B01E9Z2D60/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1548968560&sr=8-3&keywords=pcie+1x+video+card

Edited by Tybio