SpencerJ

New Guest Blog: Setting Up An Automated Media Encoding Server

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Negative.  WD Reds comprise the array.  There is a 1TB NVME drive as the cache drive.  The watch folders are set to use cache, this way when pushing data to the server we can achieve up to 1GB/s.

• Like 2

Ah there you go. I must of miss understood. Nice Choice of Cache too.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 1:56 PM, spx404 said:

Negative.  WD Reds comprise the array.  There is a 1TB NVME drive as the cache drive.  The watch folders are set to use cache, this way when pushing data to the server we can achieve up to 1GB/s.

didn't see it in the post, so let me just recommend getting hardware acceleration using Intel QSV going, decreased the transcoding time by factors of 10+ for me.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2019 at 1:57 AM, drdebian said:

didn't see it in the post, so let me just recommend getting hardware acceleration using Intel QSV going, decreased the transcoding time by factors of 10+ for me.

Nice!  I’ll keep it in mind.  Now that the linuxserver team has released the Nvidia GPU plugin for all dockers.  I may try using gpu transcoding in the future.  If that’s even possible.

Edited by spx404
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spx404 said:

Nice!  I’ll keep it in mind.  Now that the linuxserver team has released the Nvidia GOU plugin for alll dockets.  I may try using gpu transcoding in the future.  If that’s even possible.

Nvidia GPU transcoding is the whole reason we did the plugin, all the ls.io team members have been using it since the New Year, works fine as long as your card has the relevant capabilities.

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Nvidia GPU transcoding is the whole reason we did the plugin, all the ls.io team members have been using it since the New Year, works fine as long as your card has the relevant capabilities.

Yeah buddy.  Just need to figure out how to get it to work with Handbrake.  Pretty awesome stuff!

Yeah buddy.  Just need to figure out how to get it to work with Handbrake.  Pretty awesome stuff!
Be sure to update us. I personally have no need for handbrake transcoding, but I'm very interested in your findings.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, spx404 said:

Looks like nvenc is only supported for windows if you look at the 1.2.0 release notes on github. 

Go figure.  Just a pipe dream at the moment anyway.  I have many other things to work on!