Virt-Manager, Intel-GPU-Tools and more Dockers

dee31797

Also - and I shouldn't complain about this one, it did save half my files - the timer of 5 seconds (1 in my case) to check the stability of the file is also triggered with files that should be skipped, like .jpg. So instead of a few minutes scan for a huge library, it becomes days.

Edited by Sungray
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, frodr said:

djaydev/handbrake 

I can not get Handbrake to run the GPU. GPU is running latest driver and working with FaH and Plex. The other Handbrake docker in the App Store is the same. Handbrake is running though, only using the cpus. 

Any ideas?

Common issue is not selecting the codec that is GPU accelerated.

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 10.23.32 AM.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

After a full deletion of the app-data folder for Handbrake, I've re-downloaded it but am getting a 

server disconnected: code 1006 error and red X on the web ui.

Any ideas?

The log is showing several of these as I try and log in:

13/04/2021 00:11:40 Got connection from client 192.168.1.164
13/04/2021 00:11:40 other clients:
13/04/2021 00:11:40 Got 'ws' WebSockets handshake
13/04/2021 00:11:40 webSocketsHandshake: incomplete client handshake
13/04/2021 00:11:40 Client 192.168.1.164 gone

Edited by DayspringGaming
  • 1 month later...
On 3/31/2021 at 9:06 AM, dee31797 said:

Common issue is not selecting the codec that is GPU accelerated

I actually have this all setup correctly and using the correct encoder but it dosnt seem to use the GPU still (checked with nvidia-smi) 

Keeps maxing the CPU on convert vs using the GPU :/ Any suggestions?

5 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

I actually have this all setup correctly and using the correct encoder but it dosnt seem to use the GPU still (checked with nvidia-smi) 

Keeps maxing the CPU on convert vs using the GPU :/ Any suggestions?

You're missing something. If you have it all setup and you are using the nvenc codec, and the conversion worked, it used the GPU.  nvenc codec only works with the gpu. 

Please keep in mind, every video transcode, including gpu transcode, has some CPU load. Lastly, the nvenc codec only does the encoding (think of nvenc as NV for nvidia and enc for encoding), the decoding is still 100% CPU based.

23 hours ago, dee31797 said:

Please keep in mind, every video transcode, including gpu transcode, has some CPU load. Lastly, the nvenc codec only does the encoding (think of nvenc as NV for nvidia and enc for encoding), the decoding is still 100% CPU based

Yeah its just  strange that during a session it dosnt show on the smi at all :/ i did see there is a driver version available for the Nvidia system so i may need to do that one weekend and see if that changes anything as i know the new driver is still getting these in this new setup :) 

Ill report back when i have updated and rebooted, but yeah maxes the CPU and nothing on the GPU, unless it dosnt show in the nvidia-smi? 

There was no changed needed to the docker since the nvidia driver changes in the lattest unraid? 

53 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

Yeah its just  strange that during a session it dosnt show on the smi at all :/ i did see there is a driver version available for the Nvidia system so i may need to do that one weekend and see if that changes anything as i know the new driver is still getting these in this new setup :) 

Ill report back when i have updated and rebooted, but yeah maxes the CPU and nothing on the GPU, unless it dosnt show in the nvidia-smi? 

There was no changed needed to the docker since the nvidia driver changes in the lattest unraid? 

Just did a test, it shows handbrake process on the gpu for me in nvidia-smi

Can you please triple check that you are using the nvidia codec, screenshot on the selection in a previous post.

image.png.c5d710f42a70fb28f4d26724cffe80fc.png

So did a driver update and this is the result,

image.png.c7ec230b3a90b921df55aade82e4b379.png

Also with the SMI seems it shows a process running now (Still dosnt show on the nvidia unraid dashboard interestingly 

image.png.4823a5d1354f67b10f89f81a3d489825.png

Is it still odd that the CPU gets maxxed out when it runs yet its only using 6% if that when encoding? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've updated to your new release of handbrake from 3 days ago. Now NVENC HEVC x265 hardware encoding no longer works. Fails right away trying to encode. I'm using GTX 960, and was working with this encode method before updating.

This is my conversion log:

[14:24:11] file is MPEG Transport Stream with 188 byte packets offset 0 bytes
[14:24:11] sync: expecting 53779 video frames
[14:24:11] encavcodecInit: H.265 (Nvidia NVENC)
[14:24:11] encavcodec: encoding at rc=vbr, multipass=fullres, 30.00
[14:24:11] encavcodec: encoding with stored aspect 1/1
[hevc_nvenc @ 0x14ad282daa80] Lossless encoding not supported
[hevc_nvenc @ 0x14ad282daa80] No capable devices found
[14:24:11] encavcodecInit: avcodec_open failed
[14:24:11] Failure to initialise thread 'FFMPEG encoder (libavcodec)'
[14:24:11] ac3-decoder done: 0 frames, 0 decoder errors
[14:24:11] mpeg2video-decoder done: 0 frames, 0 decoder errors
[14:24:11] sync: got 0 frames, 53779 expected
[libfdk_aac @ 0x14ad28274a80] Ignoring attempt to flush encoder that doesn't support it
[14:24:11] Finished work at: Tue Jul 27 14:24:11 2021

I removed the docker, image, and template and re-installed fresh from community applications but still no longer works. I attempted to roll back the docker version but I noticed you are not using tags, I am unable to roll back.

NVENC X264 still works fine and I can see it using nvidia-smi command. x265 software encode still works. Just NVENC X265 is not working.

Could you help with this error? I have tried changing the settings in the Video tab but still receiving this error for lossless encoding not supported.

Could you provide a way to roll back the docker version? Tags would be much appreciated!

thanks,

10 minutes ago, vincentslapchop said:

I've updated to your new release of handbrake from 3 days ago. Now NVENC HEVC x265 hardware encoding no longer works. Fails right away trying to encode. I'm using GTX 960, and was working with this encode method before updating.

This is my conversion log:

[14:24:11] file is MPEG Transport Stream with 188 byte packets offset 0 bytes
[14:24:11] sync: expecting 53779 video frames
[14:24:11] encavcodecInit: H.265 (Nvidia NVENC)
[14:24:11] encavcodec: encoding at rc=vbr, multipass=fullres, 30.00
[14:24:11] encavcodec: encoding with stored aspect 1/1
[hevc_nvenc @ 0x14ad282daa80] Lossless encoding not supported
[hevc_nvenc @ 0x14ad282daa80] No capable devices found
[14:24:11] encavcodecInit: avcodec_open failed
[14:24:11] ac3-decoder done: 0 frames, 0 decoder errors
[14:24:11] mpeg2video-decoder done: 0 frames, 0 decoder errors
[14:24:11] sync: got 0 frames, 53779 expected
[libfdk_aac @ 0x14ad28274a80] Ignoring attempt to flush encoder that doesn't support it
[14:24:11] Finished work at: Tue Jul 27 14:24:11 2021

I removed the docker, image, and template and re-installed fresh from community applications but still no longer works. I attempted to roll back the docker version but I noticed you are not using tags, I am unable to roll back.

NVENC X264 still works fine and I can see it using nvidia-smi command. x265 software encode still works. Just NVENC X265 is not working.

Could you help with this error? I have tried changing the settings in the Video tab but still receiving this error for lossless encoding not supported.

Could you provide a way to roll back the docker version? Tags would be much appreciated!

thanks,

Can you post or PM me your .xml from flash drive config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/ , should be name something like "my-Handbrake.xml"

• Like 1

In case anyone runs into this same issue, I'm using a Nvidia GTX 960 and as of Handbrake past 1.3.3, h265 encoding no longer works with Nvidia NVENC. h264 still works but who knows for how long.

See here https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/issues/3674

The update to this docker for HandBrake updates Handbrake from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0, so if this feature stops working for you then now you know why.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 3:28 PM, Squid said:

this repository and all of the apps contained within have been blacklisted because the dockerHub repositories no longer exist (nor does the template repository CA utilized)

Just noticed this happened when checking for Docker updates today. Should we uninstall this docker then?

On 2/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, dee31797 said:

MODERATOR NOTE:  NONE OF THE APPLICATIONS DISCUSSED HERE ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ANYMORE ON DOCKER HUB AND ARE CURRENTLY BLACKLISTED

AUTHOR NOTE: I NO LONGER USE UNRAID OR DOCKER. DOCKER HUB HAS REMOVED THE ABILITY TO BUILD IMAGES WITHOUT A PAID SUBSCRIPTION SO AT THIS POINT I HAVE NO WAY TO BUILD, TEST, OR DEPLOY IMAGES PREVIOUSLY LISTED HERE.

14 hours ago, Squid said:

You don't need to uninstall if it still works.  However you will never be able to reinstall should the need arise.  If there's other options available, I'd look at them.

This is some real bad news. The MotionEye and Virt-Manager docker containers are important to me.

I am sorry that your work got screwed by DockerHub's new policy @dee31797

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mattgob86 said:

the recordings converter is money, drop a file and bam it just got it done and placed it where it needed to be.  Are you suggesting handbrake in place of that?  Is there a way to automate handbrake to do the same? 

Unmanic can do that. It has an option to only watch .ts files (or a combination of file extensions) like recordings converter did.  Set the watch folder with the "/library" directory and there's tons of other options to customize the output's codec, subtitles, etc.  It's on CA apps.