Virt-Manager, Intel-GPU-Tools and more Dockers

dee31797

6 minutes ago, ptr727 said:

Thx, I created the docker, added netcat-openbsd, and still get unable to connect to libvirt.

Anything else I'm missing?

Btw, I suggest you remove TZ from your template, it is set by Unraid to the system TZ, no need for users to add it.

That's all I do, then I connect to libvirt with SSH, same username & password as unraid webui.

1 minute ago, RSQtech said:

I am still kinda new to linux ins and outs.... i installed the Virt Manager but i get this error about the LIBVIRTD not being started... any idea what to do?

Install  netcat-openbsd via NerdPack, connect to Unraid IP address with SSH, same username & password as unraid webui.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, RSQtech said:

Got to understand... Im the Forrest Gump of the linux world

I followed what @dee31797 posted - here are the itemized steps:

1. turn on netcat-openbsd in Nerd Pack, apply, and restart computer
  2. open the virt-manager docker GUI - you'll still have the error
  3. in the Docker container, go File > Add Connection
  • Hypervisor: QEMU
  • Select connect to remote host over SSH
  • Hostname: the internal network IP of your server
  • Hit connect

It will then ask you to accept certificate, then for your unRaid password. Once cleared you're in

Edited by positronicP
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, RSQtech said:

virt manager is running.... and the vm's run fine in the webgui vm section... its just that the virt manager docker does not run 

Go to the docker tab in Unraid's WebGUI and start the virt-manager container, click the white button under "LOG" and post that text here.

Edited by dee31797
4 minutes ago, RSQtech said:

Thank you. According to that paste the virt manager docker does run, what do you mean by "its just that the virt manager docker does not run"? 

Edit:

When you go to the container's webui at the port you've selected (default 7800), click connect SSH to unraid's IP address, what happens then?

Edited by dee31797
  • 5 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has snapshots working with virt-manager? I've made sure my disk is convert to qcow format, but when I try make a snapshot this error comes:

error: Operation not supported: internal snapshots of a VM with pflash based firmware are not supported

33 minutes ago, jeffreyf said:

Just wondering if anyone has snapshots working with virt-manager? I've made sure my disk is convert to qcow format, but when I try make a snapshot this error comes:

error: Operation not supported: internal snapshots of a VM with pflash based firmware are not supported

Did you google the error?

Second hit:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/virt-tools-list/2017-September/msg00008.html

Was hoping someone would have a solution (or figured I set something up incorrectly) since I saw in the other thread that people mentioned about using qcow disk format to make snapshots. 

Also tbh I didn’t understand the terminology on that site. Like what’s the difference between internal and external snapshots ?

1 minute ago, eds said:

Is this the support forum for the handbrake docker with nVidia gpu support?  I just installed and it will not recognize my nVidia card.  Any suggestion?

The correct forum will be the one you get by clicking on the containers icon in the Dockers tab to get the context sensitive menu and selecting the Support option.