Virt-Manager, Intel-GPU-Tools and more Dockers

dee31797

14 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

This is a tough one, but I believe it's the folder, are you sure there's a video file here /unraid/user/Window Share/Handbrake/Watch?

yeah im sure, could it be because of plex cause plex is also decoding right now and as far as i can remember only one decoding stream is allowed right?

Just now, Max said:

yeah im sure, could it be because of plex cause plex is also decoding right now and as far as i can remember only one decoding stream is allowed right?

Your GPU can do two sessions at a time.  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if decode and encoding the same file counts as the two or not

4 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

Your GPU can do two sessions at a time.  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if decode and encoding the same file counts as the two or not

no that 2 sessions limit is for encoding only. i just checked nvidia matrix site and if im getting it right then only a couple of quadro RTX and only one tesla card can do more than one ndec.

23 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

go to docker tab, advanced view

thanks. btw somehow yesterday when i was trying that command i ended up with new shares with that names and paths that i was trying and it also created a seprate window share with handbrake and watch folder inside inside it just like i wrote in command so ofcourse it was empty but then somehow windows and unraid started picking only that empty window share (which scared a crap out of me, as i thought i lost all my data) but at last thanks to binhex-krusader i came to know that somehow i have two seprate window share, one with all my data and one with just handbrake and watch folder inside of it.

Just now, Max said:

thanks. btw somehow yesterday when i was trying that command i ended up with new shares with that names and paths that i was trying and it also created a seprate window share with handbrake and watch folder inside inside it just like i wrote in command so ofcourse it was empty but then somehow windows and unraid started picking only that empty window share (which scared a crap out of me, as i thought i lost all my data) but at last thanks to binhex-krusader i came to know that somehow i have two seprate window share, one with all my data and one with just handbrake and watch folder inside of it.

Sorry for the confusion, you were suppose to use your folder where your video files are located, what I put was just an example since I can't know your folder structure.  I did mention to you to change it when you first asked about the command.

7 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

Sorry for the confusion, you were suppose to use your folder where your video files are located, what I put was just an example since I can't know your folder structure.  I did mention to you to change it when you first asked about the command.

i did but still somehow i ended up with new share with exact same name which confused windows and unraid. isn't it supposed to just give an error like it can't find that directory instead of creating a new one incase if it can't find it and please don't apologize, you did nothing to be sorry for. 

1 minute ago, Max said:

i did but still somehow i ended up with new share with exact same name which confused windows and unraid. isn't it supposed to just give an error like it can't find that directory instead of creating a new one incase if it can't find it and please don't apologize, you did nothing to be sorry for.  

If you pass a directory that doesn't exist to the docker daemon (docker run -v /directory/not/there ... ... ) it will create it.  That happens every time you install a container from CA apps and the /config folder is used.  /mnt/appdata/new-app-config-folder gets created since the app is new, the folder wouldn't be there yet, as an example.

28 minutes ago, eds said:

Hey guys,

Just got a hold of uget and I like it. 

Any way to configure it to use uget firefox or chrome add-on?  

Hi @eds

All the uGet browser add-ons I could find only work when uGet is installed on the same machine as your browser is installed on.

6 minutes ago, mihcox said:

I am trying to use the Recordings-Converter tool. What are the commands to interact with it, since there is no gui? 

as soon as you start the container it watches the /watch folder for .ts files and coverts them.  There's really no user interaction.  The settings are applied through environment variables in the template such as subtitles, hardware or software encoding, delete .ts after conversion, etc.

If you want to use a customize convert script save it in the /config folder as " custom.sh " and the container will execute it once it finds a .ts.

Edited by dee31797

Hi, I've just downloaded recordings-converter and just had a quick question.

Is there a way of monitoring what it is doing, or manually triggering a conversion? 

I've let it sit for a few hours now and I cant see any existing ts have been converted, and a new ts file I've moved into its watch directory hasn't either. 

I left the config all standard except changing the watch folder path

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, geekypenguin said:

Hi, I've just downloaded recordings-converter and just had a quick question.

Is there a way of monitoring what it is doing, or manually triggering a conversion? 

I've let it sit for a few hours now and I cant see any existing ts have been converted, and a new ts file I've moved into its watch directory hasn't either. 

I left the config all standard except changing the watch folder path 

Thanks in advance

There's log files created in the /config/log folder, should tell us what's failing.  On the host side the folder is your appdata /recordings-converter/log.  The default user ID is 99 so my guess is a permission issue but attach the log file and I'll check it out

Edited by dee31797
1 hour ago, dee31797 said:

There's log files created in the /config/log folder, should tell us what's failing.  On the host side the folder is your appdata /recordings-converter/log.  The default user ID is 99 so my guess is a permission issue but attach the log file and I'll check it out

Thanks,

I've checked the logs and it's found all the files and has them in the failed list.

The conversion log says /scripts/software: no such file or directory

3 minutes ago, geekypenguin said:

Thanks,

I've checked the logs and it's found all the files and has them in the failed list. 

The conversion log says /scripts/software: no such file or directory 

There was an error in the startup script a few updates back that I think you're running into.  I'm still working out the kinks, but I just tested the options you're using and I think I've fixed that issue.  Please delete the failed_conversions file in your appdata /recordings-converter/ folder, and then do a update to the container (Unraid docker tab, advanced view, force update). 

One last thing, make sure the options below are set to either 0, or 1, 0 for no and 1 for yes.

-e SUBTITLES=0 or 1

-e DELETE_TS=0 or 1

15 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

There was an error in the startup script a few updates back that I think you're running into.  I'm still working out the kinks, but I just tested the options you're using and I think I've fixed that issue.  Please delete the failed_conversions file in your appdata /recordings-converter/ folder, and then do a update to the container (Unraid docker tab, advanced view, force update). 

One last thing, make sure the options below are set to either 0, or 1, 0 for no and 1 for yes.

-e SUBTITLES=0 or 1

-e DELETE_TS=0 or 1

Thanks, I didn't have the subtitles variable set but now I do it is working as should 🙂

Playback of a converted test file has the audio out of sync with the video but that might be the player. Going to try a few different players before tweaking settings

9 minutes ago, geekypenguin said:

Thanks, I didn't have the subtitles variable set but now I do it is working as should 🙂 

Playback of a converted test file has the audio out of sync with the video but that might be the player. Going to try a few different players before tweaking settings 

Awesome!

Let me know if its an issue with the converted file or not.

4 minutes ago, mihcox said:

Hi mihcox,

Your container settings look correct, and I see the file is definitely a .ts.  Sorry that didn't work for you. 

Check and see if there's a log file in your appdata /recordings-converter/log folder, the name of the log file should start with "postProcess".  If they are there attach them here and I check what went wrong.

9 minutes ago, mihcox said:

Thank you for the logs, I'm looking into it. 

Quick question were you using encoder=intel at any point? or always software option?