Virt-Manager, Intel-GPU-Tools and more Dockers

dee31797

24 minutes ago, scud133b said:

I can't get intel-gpu-tools to work, it won't even finish starting properly. It sends a KILL/exit signal and stops itself. Log attached. Any ideas?

Edit: Had the wrong value for userid. I mistakenly wrote "root" instead of "0". Changed to 0 and that resolved it.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: executing...
s6-applyuidgid: usage: s6-applyuidgid [ -z ] [ -u uid ] [ -g gid ] [ -G gidlist ] [ -U ] prog...
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: exited 100.
[services.d] stopping services
[services.d] stopping s6-fdholderd...
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Good deal.  I saw the "s6-applyuidgid: usage: s6-applyuidgid ...." message and was gonna ask you about it.  Glad you got it working.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, JM2005 said:

Any info on the Auto-Comskip?

Hi JM2005,

For detailed setup on Auto-Comskip you can check out: https://github.com/djaydev/docker-auto-comskip

There was an issue I just fixed today with the temp folder volume. The folder in the template with the description "Temporary transcoding location" was set to "/tmp" but it should be set to "/temp".

The easiest way to get the fix is to just delete and re-add.  Go to Docker tab, click the icon for auto-comskip, click remove, click yes delete it. Go back to CA Apps and download Auto-Comskip again.  Those steps will pull down the new template, and the new docker image.

Let know me if I answered your question or not, or if you need anything else.

Thanks i just removed it completely and reinstalled.   I am getting the following error when attempting to remove commercials.

/run/s6/services/autocomskip/autocomskip: line 216: /config/log/conversion.log: No such file or directory
/run/s6/services/autocomskip/autocomskip: line 218: /config/log/conversion.log: No such file or directory

Is this a headless setup with no GUI to adjust any settings?

Thanks,

Edited by JM2005
4 minutes ago, JM2005 said:

Thanks i just removed it completely and reinstalled.   I am getting the following error when attempting to remove commercials.

/run/s6/services/autocomskip/autocomskip: line 216: /config/log/conversion.log: No such file or directory
/run/s6/services/autocomskip/autocomskip: line 218: /config/log/conversion.log: No such file or directory

Is this a headless setup with no GUI to adjust any settings?

Thanks,

Another rookie mistake on my part🤦‍♂️

My config folder already had these directories so I didn't discover this issue during my testing.  Thank you for bring this up!

I rebuilt the image just now with the proper fix ( I hope! ). 

Please grab the new build and let me know if it works for you, go to Docker tab and change basic view to advanced view, then click force update next to auto-comskip.  In the appdata/auto-comskip folder delete the "successful_conversions" file if you want to test the same video again.

1 minute ago, JM2005 said:

Ok I’ve updated it and kicked off a test file.   Does this just remove the commercials and leave it in the same file format?  Didn’t know if you provided a way to use x265 HEVC to compress the files after converting?

Thank again, 

Only commercial removal with same file name and video format.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, robsch said:

I noticed it did not retain the folders, I looked for the comskip.ini file to edit,though I can't seem to find it. Is there away to set it so it will retain the structure? 

Thanks!

Hi @robsch, I will have to think about how to do that and test it out.  Right now it can only move the final video to "/output". Also, I kinda like everything for me to be in the root of /output so I would have to make it an optional setting at startup.  I'll let you know what I come up with. My first guess would be to end the script with "mv $1 /output$1".  Easiest way I can think of right off hand, it would move for example "/watch/movie/movie.mp4" to "/output/watch/movie/movie.mp4" would that work for you?

The comskip.ini is only for comskip settings like commercial detection schemes, cpu threads, etc.

Edited by dee31797
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

Hi @robsch, I will have to think about how to do that and test it out.  Right now it can only move the final video to "/output". Also, I kinda like everything for me to be in the root of /output so I would have to make it an optional setting at startup.  I'll let you know what I come up with. My first guess would be to end the script with "mv $1 /output$1".  Easiest way I can think of right off hand, it would move for example "/watch/movie/movie.mp4" to "/output/watch/movie/movie.mp4" would that work for you?

The comskip.ini is only for comskip settings like commercial detection schemes, cpu threads, etc.

That would work just fine! Thanks!

My OCD kicks in, with my folder structures (That and my wife records a TRUCK LOAD of stuff...   She has over 600 items recorded. (Don't ask)

14 hours ago, robsch said:

That would work just fine! Thanks!

My OCD kicks in, with my folder structures (That and my wife records a TRUCK LOAD of stuff...   She has over 600 items recorded. (Don't ask)

I rebuilt the image just now with the proper change ( I hope! ). 

Please grab the new build and let me know if it works for you. Go to the Docker tab and change basic view to advanced view, then click force update next to auto-comskip.  In the appdata/auto-comskip folder delete the "successful_conversions" file if you want to test the same video again.

• Like 1
On 9/18/2019 at 12:46 PM, dee31797 said:

I rebuilt the image just now with the proper change ( I hope! ). 

Please grab the new build and let me know if it works for you. Go to the Docker tab and change basic view to advanced view, then click force update next to auto-comskip.  In the appdata/auto-comskip folder delete the "successful_conversions" file if you want to test the same video again.

Great!   Thanks, I was away for work, and just got back last night. I will put it through its paces tonight!

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, scubieman said:

Is there a way to get an notification after Recordings-autoconverter runs? And what file it just did?

Hi scubieman thanks for inquiring.

It's a very simple app, it's just a bunch of bash scripts.

The files it converts are logged in the config directory in the " successful_conversions " file as well as in the docker logs.  You can view the docker logs from the Unraid cli with "docker logs recordings-converter" and of course from the Unraid WebGUI. 

I never really considered adding additional software to it for notifications because it converts every single file after I record it (if it's in the /watch folder and a .ts file).

I'm not sure if there's a program out there you can try that can monitor a file for new entries and notify you once there's new text in the file? In this case it would monitor the text file /config/successful_conversions.

Hi scubieman thanks for inquiring.

It's a very simple app, it's just a bunch of bash scripts.
The files it converts are logged in the config directory in the " successful_conversions " file as well as in the docker logs.  You can view the docker logs from the Unraid cli with "docker logs recordings-converter" and of course from the Unraid WebGUI. 
I never really considered adding additional software to it for notifications because it converts every single file after I record it (if it's in the /watch folder and a .ts file).
I'm not sure if there's a program out there you can try that can monitor a file for new entries and notify you once there's new text in the file? In this case it would monitor the text file /config/successful_conversions.
Thank you. I will look into it. I know how to remove from emby. Get process going with the two. But unsure how to put in output folder where sonarr will name correctly and put into right folder.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

App recordings-converter

I'm trying to change settings to use my 9700k Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

In the settings when I select host key 3 of :intel It wont do anything. Software works but not intel. Any ideas what I am missing?

image.thumb.png.4776949e85f30d079f8d24553546363c.png

I did find this in the logs. Not sure how i cross reference this.

[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5611f41a22c0] No VA display found for device /dev/dri/renderD128.
Device creation failed: -22.
Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Invalid argument
Error parsing global options: Invalid argument

Edited by scubieman
2 hours ago, scubieman said:

App recordings-converter

I'm trying to change settings to use my 9700k Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

In the settings when I select host key 3 of :intel It wont do anything. Software works but not intel. Any ideas what I am missing?

image.thumb.png.4776949e85f30d079f8d24553546363c.png

I did find this in the logs. Not sure how i cross reference this.

[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5611f41a22c0] No VA display found for device /dev/dri/renderD128.
Device creation failed: -22.
Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Invalid argument
Error parsing global options: Invalid argument

Hi scubieman,

From those log messages it appears the container doesn't have access to your Intel iGPU.  You have to map the Intel iGPU device to the container.

Go to the container config where you took that screenshot,

click "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"

config type select "Device"

Value: /dev/dri

click ADD

click APPLY

Lastly, you have to boot-up Unraid to load the iGPU with the Go file. Details at here (best answer in the comments).

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

Hi scubieman,

From those log messages it appears the container doesn't have access to your Intel iGPU.  You have to map the Intel iGPU device to the container.

Go to the container config where you took that screenshot,

click "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"

config type select "Device"

Value: /dev/dri

click ADD

click APPLY

Lastly, you have to boot-up Unraid to load the iGPU with the Go file. Details at here (best answer in the comments).

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

this is what i got so far...

image.thumb.png.f4f8ce37de16d85e202d23a6b6c4ea55.png

image.thumb.png.a00d124dc3ebae5159585ab383d241ee.png

10 minutes ago, scubieman said:

this is what i got so far...

image.thumb.png.f4f8ce37de16d85e202d23a6b6c4ea55.png

image.thumb.png.a00d124dc3ebae5159585ab383d241ee.png

I think the second screenshot with the error "/dev/dri no such file..." means that the iGPU module is not loaded. 

You can check from Unraid's CLI:

root@unraid:~# ls /dev/dri
by-path/  card0  renderD128
root@unraid:~#

If you don't see that, that means Unraid hasn't loaded it as a video device even though it shows up as a PCI device in the first screenshot.

I think there's an issue with Unraid's 6.7.2 version and 9th Gen GPU, you might want to try out the RC 6.8.

Also, the container doesn't require privileged mode to use the iGPU.

19 hours ago, dee31797 said:

I think the second screenshot with the error "/dev/dri no such file..." means that the iGPU module is not loaded. 

You can check from Unraid's CLI:

root@unraid:~# ls /dev/dri
by-path/  card0  renderD128
root@unraid:~#

If you don't see that, that means Unraid hasn't loaded it as a video device even though it shows up as a PCI device in the first screenshot.

I think there's an issue with Unraid's 6.7.2 version and 9th Gen GPU, you might want to try out the RC 6.8.

Also, the container doesn't require privileged mode to use the iGPU.

Privileged mode gets it working.

I show IGPU in the system hardware file as seen above.

This is what it shows for ls.

image.png.89d1b17d160ade5e750cdc1fad5c2732.png

4 hours ago, scubieman said:

Privileged mode gets it working.

I show IGPU in the system hardware file as seen above.

This is what it shows for ls.

image.png.89d1b17d160ade5e750cdc1fad5c2732.png

If you're happy with the container then I'm happy 🙂

I can't figure it out from what you've sent so far but something isn't working with your setup with this container.  If you have any issues in the future let me know and we'll dig a bit further.

Hi @dee31797

First of all, great work on these dockers! With virt-manager, I keep getting SSH known_hosts authenticity prompts (I have to type yes and my password almost 10 times each time I start a new VM). I did a bit of research and maybe it's because there is no known_hosts file in the docker container? I tried mapping a known_hosts file to /root/.ssh/known_hosts, but still have this problem.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/190863/how-can-i-disable-ssh-prompt-from-kvm-remote

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48258546/how-to-add-known-hosts-for-passwordless-ssh-within-docker-container-in-docker-co