Virt-Manager, Intel-GPU-Tools and more Dockers

dee31797

17 minutes ago, golli53 said:

Hi @dee31797

First of all, great work on these dockers! With virt-manager, I keep getting SSH known_hosts authenticity prompts (I have to type yes and my password almost 10 times each time I start a new VM). I did a bit of research and maybe it's because there is no known_hosts file in the docker container? I tried mapping a known_hosts file to /root/.ssh/known_hosts, but still have this problem.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/190863/how-can-i-disable-ssh-prompt-from-kvm-remote

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48258546/how-to-add-known-hosts-for-passwordless-ssh-within-docker-container-in-docker-co

Hi golli53,

I haven't run into that issue but I'm looking into it.  Once I nail it down I'll push an update and let you know to try it out.

2 hours ago, golli53 said:

Hi @dee31797

First of all, great work on these dockers! With virt-manager, I keep getting SSH known_hosts authenticity prompts (I have to type yes and my password almost 10 times each time I start a new VM). I did a bit of research and maybe it's because there is no known_hosts file in the docker container? I tried mapping a known_hosts file to /root/.ssh/known_hosts, but still have this problem.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/190863/how-can-i-disable-ssh-prompt-from-kvm-remote

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48258546/how-to-add-known-hosts-for-passwordless-ssh-within-docker-container-in-docker-co

golli53,

can you try to change the user ID and group ID to 0 and let me know if that helps? thanks

1 hour ago, dee31797 said:

golli53,

can you try to change the user ID and group ID to 0 and let me know if that helps? thanks

Thanks for looking into this! That seems to solve half of the problem. No more unknown host issues, but it still prompts me 10 times for the SSH password. Before, it was 10 prompts for each (trust host "yes", password, trust host "yes", password...)

13 hours ago, golli53 said:

Thanks for looking into this! That seems to solve half of the problem. No more unknown host issues, but it still prompts me 10 times for the SSH password. Before, it was 10 prompts for each (trust host "yes", password, trust host "yes", password...)

User 0 allows the use of "/root/.ssh/known_hosts" file.  If it's still prompting for the password I assume it's opening multiple SSH connections. I think it can be fixed but I'm still looking for it.

3 minutes ago, scubieman said:

Dee,

By a chance do you know how to tell if the IGPU is transcoding. Also you were right earlier. I need to go to 6.8.X for transcoding on 9th gen intel.

To tell if the iGPU is in use for transcoding or anything else I use Intel-GPU-Tools. You can find it in CA Apps.

5 minutes ago, scubieman said:

I'm assuming its not being used?

image.thumb.png.086ed277fcfb32cb7840aea2e2e29644.png

Yes that display is only real-time, so right at that moment of the screenshot the iGPU wasn't in use. 

Add a .ts file to the watch folder, and within 15 secs you should see bars move left to right to show percent of utilization.  If there's a .ts file already in there, go to the /config folder and delete the file "failed_conversions".

If not, send me your template for recording-converter and we'll get this figured out.

10 minutes ago, scubieman said:

Sadly not working... its the docker enabled, but not picking anything up

Thank you.  The template is usually where the issue is but yours looks good.

Within the /mnt/user/appdata/recordings-converter/log folder there should be some postProccessXXX.log files, please send me the most recent 1 or 2 if they are there.  Lastly, the container logs will be useful.  You can get them from the docker tab in the Unraid UI using the paper icon on the far right, or by CLI using "docker logs recordings-converter".

docker logs.txt

There you go

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 02-setvariables.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 02-setvariables.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 04-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
Big thanks to these projects:

Visit them on www.github.com/
/jlesage/docker-handbrake
/ffmpeg/ffmpeg
/CCExtractor/ccextractor
/linuxserver/docker-baseimage-ubuntu
/jellyfin/jellyfin-ffmpeg
/jrottenberg/ffmpeg
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 04-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-autoconvertor.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-autoconvertor.sh: core dump file location: core
[cont-init.d] 10-autoconvertor.sh: core dump file size: (blocks)
[cont-init.d] 10-autoconvertor.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[autovideoconverter] starting...
[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
[autovideoconverter] Watch folder '/watch' processing terminated.
[autovideoconverter] Change detected in watch folder '/watch'.
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show 2019_10_25_13_00_00.ts'...
[autovideoconverter] Skipping '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show 2019_10_25_13_00_00.ts': currently being copied.
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show 2019_10_25_13_00_00.ts'...
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show 2019_10_25_13_00_00.ts' (983666211f85b8055cd6840b46410ca9) using preset 'intel.sh'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Conversion failed.
[autovideoconverter] Skipping '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show 2019_10_25_13_00_00.ts' (983666211f85b8055cd6840b46410ca9): already processed with failure.
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show S01E35.ts'...
[autovideoconverter] Skipping '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show S01E35.ts': currently being copied.
[autovideoconverter] Skipping '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show 2019_10_25_13_00_00.ts' (983666211f85b8055cd6840b46410ca9): already processed with failure.
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show S01E35.ts'...
[autovideoconverter] Skipping '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show S01E35.ts': currently being copied.
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show S01E35.ts' (c7599e905a0bf4647a4a011bbd950b7a) using preset 'intel.sh'...

postProcess.25-10-2019-1432.logpostProcess.25-10-2019-1434.log

14 minutes ago, scubieman said:

Alright I found the issue.  The container is based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and that base has an slightly older Intel driver that doesn't support Intel 9th Gen.

I'm going to push a new image for testing, but I don't have a 9th Gen to test it with so do you mind trying it out?

10 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

Alright I found the issue.  The container is based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and that base has an slightly older Intel driver that doesn't support Intel 9th Gen.

I'm going to push a new image for testing, but I don't have a 9th Gen to test it with so do you mind trying it out?

I certainly can. Let me know when live

44 minutes ago, scubieman said:

I certainly can. Let me know when live

Great! It's live now, should work *fingers-crossed*

In the docker container config change the repository to "djaydev/recordings-converter:dev" just adding :dev on the end.  To test the same files already in the watch folder delete the "failed_conversions" file first.

8 minutes ago, scubieman said:

deleted both failed_confailed_conversionsversions and successful_conversions. Rename docker repositary. Added :dev and this is what I got. 

postProcess.25-10-2019-1434.log 1.58 kB · 0 downloads

well darn 😥

Everywhere I looked that error was associated with out-of-date intel drivers. After finding that I checked the container and it has an intel driver that's 10+ months older than the 9th Gen CPUs.  That Dev image you just tried has the latest driver so now I'm stumped. 

I test this container on a Intel 8700 and Intel N4000 both with iGPUs.  If you have the patience I can continue to tweak the :dev image. Just let me know if you don't mind the repeated tests

7 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

well darn 😥

Everywhere I looked that error was associated with out-of-date intel drivers. After finding that I checked the container and it has an intel driver that's 10+ months older than the 9th Gen CPUs.  That Dev image you just tried has the latest driver so now I'm stumped. 

I test this container on a Intel 8700 and Intel N4000 both with iGPUs.  If you have the patience I can continue to tweak the :dev image. Just let me know if you don't mind the repeated tests

You are helping me... So certainly. If you wanna work on it I will gladly test.

2 hours ago, scubieman said:

You are helping me... So certainly. If you wanna work on it I will gladly test.

Fresh :dev build is up, give it a shot a let me know.

A quick way to get it is to go to Docker tab and change basic view to advanced view, then click force update next recordings-converter, and don't forget to delete failed_conversions file.

Edited by dee31797

ugga... failed_conversions

[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] 02-setvariables.sh: exited 0.

/ffmpeg/ffmpeg
/CCExtractor/ccextractor
/jrottenberg/ffmpeg
GID/UID

[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[autovideoconverter] Skipping '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show S01E35.ts' (c7599e905a0bf4647a4a011bbd950b7a): already processed with failure.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[fix-attrs.d] done.
mkdir: cannot create directory '/output': File exists
[cont-init.d] 02-setvariables.sh: exited 1.
usermod: no changes

/ffmpeg/ffmpeg
/CCExtractor/ccextractor
/jrottenberg/ffmpeg
GID/UID

[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show 2019_10_25_13_00_00.ts' (983666211f85b8055cd6840b46410ca9) using preset 'intel.sh'...
/run/s6/services/autovideoconverter/autovideoconverter: /usr/bin/unbuffer: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/The Kelly Clarkson Show S01E35.ts' (c7599e905a0bf4647a4a011bbd950b7a) using preset 'intel.sh'...
/run/s6/services/autovideoconverter/autovideoconverter: /usr/bin/unbuffer: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

35 minutes ago, scubieman said:

ugga... failed_conversions

Let's try a quick test to avoid rebuilding it again.

Connect to the console of the container and enter:

ln -s /usr/bin/dash /bin/sh && ln -s /usr/bin/bash /bin/bash

then just delete failed_conversions and lastly restart container

Left click the docker icon to get the menu below for console and container restart

image.png.b1067ac45b5f6a1d15d6637531a0e059.png

3 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

Let's try a quick test to avoid rebuilding it again.

Connect to the console of the container and enter:

ln -s /usr/bin/dash /bin/sh && ln -s /usr/bin/bash /bin/bash

then just delete failed_conversions and lastly restart container

Left click the docker icon to get the menu below for console and container restart

image.png.b1067ac45b5f6a1d15d6637531a0e059.png

image.thumb.png.c2b5ab271b80f1111294d30fd1660c01.png

1 minute ago, scubieman said:

image.thumb.png.c2b5ab271b80f1111294d30fd1660c01.png

SUCCESS!!! Thank Goodness! This one was kicking my butt. 

There's a ton of changes to get this working.  One of the biggest is moving from Ubuntu 18.04 to 19.10 which caused that last error that made me ask you to manually enter that command (why did they remove /bin/sh?!? 😡). 

I build two other containers that go into this one to make it work.  It's going to take me some time to make this go from :dev to the current build so please stay on :dev for awhile.  Hopefully Nvidia preset still works but once it's all tested and vetted out I'll let you know.

35 minutes ago, scubieman said:

With auto-comskip does that use the same settings as recording_converter to get it to use the IGPU?

Auto-comskip doesn't convert the video to a different codec so I didn't implement any GPU functionality.  The first task of detecting the commercials is all CPU anyway, and the second task of removing the commercials from the video uses FFMPEG to copy the existing video minus the portions marked as commercials.  I tried it with an Nvidia GPU and it didn't change how fast it completed.

Edit:

correction, from the comskip developer it can GPU decode during commercial detection, but the benefit comes from having a slow CPU and much faster GPU.  Makes sense why I didn't see any improvement.

Edited by dee31797
  • Like 1