Virt-Manager, Intel-GPU-Tools and more Dockers

dee31797

i still have unable to move files from a array to unassigned drive

whats the difference between this krusader the the bin-krusader  wish descriptions were more detailed   with the same wording its a flip of a coin

is the key 1 key 2  on the other krusader as same as user id and group id   so change 100 to 0  and 99 to 0?

i wish when there is 2 copies of the same program the description wouldnt be word for word

2 hours ago, comet424 said:

i still have unable to move files from a array to unassigned drive

whats the difference between this krusader the the bin-krusader  wish descriptions were more detailed   with the same wording its a flip of a coin

is the key 1 key 2  on the other krusader as same as user id and group id   so change 100 to 0  and 99 to 0?

i wish when there is 2 copies of the same program the description wouldnt be word for word

I'm not sure of the exact differences line by line but I believe these two are both the same application. Both are built from Krusader repository at https://invent.kde.org/utilities/krusader.

i still cant move files  

i even changed  user id group ID to 0 and 0

when i try to move files off the Array to the Unnassigned drive i get 

Error Krusader Root Privileges' 

"there is not enought space on disk to write file:///unraid_shares/temp stuff is full

so i not sure how you fix it even the other krusader would give me issue  same error

Array has 10TB free and the unassigned drive has 4TB free  and  and i trying to go from array to the unnasigned  

but i dont have the same issue if i using Windows Explorer  what is krusader doing different or what i need to do to setup krusader to stop  giving me privelege errors

9 minutes ago, comet424 said:

i still cant move files  

i even changed  user id group ID to 0 and 0

when i try to move files off the Array to the Unnassigned drive i get 

Error Krusader Root Privileges' 

"there is not enought space on disk to write file:///unraid_shares/temp stuff is full

so i not sure how you fix it even the other krusader would give me issue  same error

Array has 10TB free and the unassigned drive has 4TB free  and  and i trying to go from array to the unnasigned  

but i dont have the same issue if i using Windows Explorer  what is krusader doing different or what i need to do to setup krusader to stop  giving me privelege errors

I also have an unassigned disk formatted as NTFS.  I've been able to copy files from the Array to the NTFS unassigned disk using the following settings.

User ID 1000

Group ID 100

Unraid path "/mnt/disks/" mapped to Krusader container path "/unassigned" , Access Mode: R/W Slave

• 2 weeks later...

The HandBrake docker causes very high CPU usage even when using NVENC. 

I can confirm the docker is correctly using the GPU, watch nvidia-smi shows ~7% GPU usage during encoding. But, the CPU usage is sitting around 50-70% when encoding. 

My GPU is RTX 2070, CPU is i7-8700

ScreenClip.png

ScreenClip.png

Edited by Fpsware
33 minutes ago, Fpsware said:

The HandBrake docker causes very high CPU usage even when using NVENC. 

I can confirm the docker is correctly using the GPU, watch nvidia-smi shows ~7% GPU usage during encoding. But, the CPU usage is sitting around 50-70% when encoding. 

My GPU is RTX 2070, CPU is i7-8700

What are the details of the video you're converting? codec, bit rate, etc

6 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

What are the details of the video you're converting? codec, bit rate, etc

The media differs greatly, all downloaded TV/Movies. Looking at the recent downloads, most appear to be 264, either SD, 480p or at most 720p. 

The original media makes very little (no) difference to the high CPU usage. 

With NVENC encoding, I don't expect to see 60-70% CPU usage. If I use HandBrake on my Windows 10 PC and encode the same media with the same profile my CPU usage doesn't spike the same way. 

Just now, Fpsware said:

The media differs greatly, all downloaded TV/Movies. Looking at the recent downloads, most appear to be 264, either SD, 480p or at most 720p. 

The original media makes very little (no) difference to the high CPU usage. 

With NVENC encoding, I don't expect to see 60-70% CPU usage. If I use HandBrake on my Windows 10 PC and encode the same media with the same profile my CPU usage doesn't spike the same way. 

Correction, the original media makes very much difference to the high CPU usage.

NVENC is only encoding (hence the E in NVENC) but decoding of the video is done by the CPU.  It is possible to decode and encode with the GPU, but not with Handbrake.  You can try using FFmpeg directly, but it's not for the faint of heart.

4 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

Correction, the original media makes very much difference to the high CPU usage.

NVENC is only encoding (hence the E in NVENC) but decoding of the video is done by the CPU.  It is possible to decode and encode with the GPU, but not with Handbrake.  You can try using FFmpeg directly, but it's not for the faint of heart.

Ah.... I think I see where I'm going wrong here; the original media needs to be decoded (utilizing CPU), then is re-encoded by HandBrake (utilizing GPU). Correct?

8 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

Is there any alternative, which is using FFMPEG for hardware accelerated decode and encode? 

7 minutes ago, Fpsware said:

Ah.... I think I see where I'm going wrong here; the original media needs to be decoded (utilizing CPU), then is re-encoded by HandBrake (utilizing GPU). Correct?

That's correct.

Although, decoding h.264 480p/720p isn't that CPU intensive.  

Make sure you're selecting the nvidia codec in Handbrake:

image.png.8aad57fc14f33ec3438bf9de565eabfb.png

On 10/4/2020 at 8:17 PM, aurevo said:

Is there any alternative, which is using FFMPEG for hardware accelerated decode and encode? 

Yes there is, I use FFmpeg in a docker container but it's not an easy straight forward process.  I've tried to show others these steps before with little/no success.

From the Unraid CLI:

docker run -d --rm \
--runtime=nvidia \
-e NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=all \
-e NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=all \
-v "/mnt/user/videos_to_convert/:/input:rw" \
djaydev/ffmpeg:latest \
"-hwaccel cuvid -c:v mpeg2_cuvid -deint 2 -drop_second_field 1 -surfaces 10 -i /input/my_video_file.mkv -c:v hevc_nvenc -preset:v hp -level:v 5.0 -rc:v vbr_hq -rc-lookahead:v 32 -brand mp42 -ac 2 -c:a aac -b:a 192k /input/converted_video_file.mp4"

You'll have to change the following values to your specific folders and file names.

/mnt/user/videos_to_convert = your folder path to your videos

my_video_file.mkv = file name you want to convert

converted_video_file.mp4 = name of the new file (but not the same as old file name)

Edited by dee31797
On 10/5/2020 at 2:38 AM, dee31797 said:

Yes there is, I use FFmpeg in a docker container but it's not an easy straight forward process.  I've tried to show others these steps before with little/no success.

From the Unraid CLI:

docker run -d --rm \
--runtime=nvidia \
-e NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=all \
-e NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=all \
-v "/mnt/user/videos_to_convert/:/input:rw" \
djaydev/ffmpeg:latest \
"-hwaccel cuvid -c:v mpeg2_cuvid -deint 2 -drop_second_field 1 -surfaces 10 -i "$1" -i /input/my_video_file.mkv -c:v hevc_nvenc -preset:v hp -level:v 5.0 -rc:v vbr_hq -rc-lookahead:v 32 -brand mp42 -ac 2 -c:a aac -b:a 192k /input/converted_video_file.mp4"

You'll have to change the following values to your specific folders and file names.

/mnt/user/videos_to_convert = your folder path to your videos

my_video_file.mkv = file name you want to convert

converted_video_file.mp4 = name of the new file (but not the same as old file name)

Which docker do you use exactly? Is there a Unraid Template or Docker Hub Image?

I think I understand the function and logic behind your CLI command.

Is there a way of doing it for a whole folder or mount?

That would be the same I wanted to do with your Recordings-autoconverter.

The Recordings-autoconverter was not working with German umlauts and the Unmanic alternativ has other problems.

4 minutes ago, aurevo said:

Which docker do you use exactly? Is there a Unraid Template or Docker Hub Image?

I think I understand the function and logic behind your CLI command.

Is there a way of doing it for a whole folder or mount?

That would be the same I wanted to do with your Recordings-autoconverter.

The Recordings-autoconverter was not working with German umlauts and the Unmanic alternativ has other problems.

The docker container image used is in the command, and is on the docker hub.  No template though only CLI.

Only does one file.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 12:40 PM, comet424 said:

what does this error mean  when I trying to move files off a NTFS unassigned drive in krusader  not bin krusader

I never seen that error but I believe it's a permissions issue. Hard to troubleshoot but check the user id Krusader is setup with (USER_ID=) and that user has permissions to both source and destination.

9 minutes ago, comet424 said:

@dee31797  

my user and group I have set to 0 0  since I had issues with the default settings..  I use the default setup  from the krusader setup

and not sure what the sourcen and desitination permissions are?

if you mean the drive   …  Source was Unnassigned NTFS drive   Destination was the Unraid Array

I think the user/group 0/0 should fix any permissions problems, but to verify I would try it from Unraid's CLI.

touch /mnt/disks/{yourNTFSmounted-drive}/testfile.txt
cp /mnt/disks/{yourNTFSmounted-drive}/testfile.txt /mnt/user/{unraid-share}/testfile.txt

if possible try to use the exact same folders on the ntfs and unraid shares that failed in Krusader.  If that works, it's most likely an issue with Krusader.

@dee31797 what is the unraids CLI?

as for the 2nd part what does touch do..

and what I was doing was 

on Unraid Share  "Backup of Files"   I made a folder under it  "1TB SSD Backup"  and what I was doing was moving the Entire  hard drive off the SSD   since windows doesn't always let you move all files  I shoved the SSD in Unraid and I wanted to move all the files off  so  I moved all the Root Files and folders to that 1 directory..   wasn't just a specific file

and why does Krusader sometimes give me issues  if I have a Folder say "test" on Source and "test" on destination I can not move "test" from source to destination it will say something that the directory already exists..  well I know that  I don't care I still wanna move it... like I can in windows   write into  krusader uses doesn't  work if your moving the same directory  but files  in that directory.. its hit and miss anything I can fix that too?

but I can give it a try again  the touch and cp    but the cp is a copy not a move?  but ill give it a try again today see what happens

as not all the files are moved off

Edited by comet424
5 minutes ago, comet424 said:

@dee31797 what is the unraids CLI?

as for the 2nd part what does touch do..

and what I was doing was 

on Unraid Share  "Backup of Files"   I made a folder under it  "1TB SSD Backup"  and what I was doing was moving the Entire  hard drive off the SSD   since windows doesn't always let you move all files  I shoved the SSD in Unraid and I wanted to move all the files off  so  I moved all the Root Files and folders to that 1 directory..   wasn't just a specific file

and why does Krusader sometimes give me issues  if I have a Folder say "test" on Source and "test" on destination I can not move "test" from source to destination it will say something that the directory already exists..  well I know that  I don't care I still wanna move it... like I can in windows   write into  krusader uses doesn't  work if your moving the same directory  but files  in that directory.. its hit and miss anything I can fix that too?

but I can give it a try again  the touch and cp    but the cp is a copy not a move?  but ill give it a try again today see what happens

as not all the files are moved off

The touch command used in that manner just creates a file, in this case name "testfile.txt". You can use any file really.  I was just suggesting trying that because if Unraid can do that action from the CLI, then Krusader should be able to as well or I hope.

When I copy a folder from one place to another with the same name I get a dialog box that mentions "write into" or something similar and asks me to confirm.

I also use a NTFS unassigned disk on Unraid and everything works great for me.  I had hoped that I could package up this Krusader image and everyone would get the same great experience I do.  Recent complaints from several users recently has altered my perspective on that vision.  I'm not a developer/programmer or anything just a normal user so when things go wrong I can mostly only offer trial-and-error type troubleshooting.

An alternative to this image is binhex/arch-krusader which is maintained by a talented developer based on the work I've judged for myself.

8 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

The touch command used in that manner just creates a file, in this case name "testfile.txt". You can use any file really.  I was just suggesting trying that because if Unraid can do that action from the CLI, then Krusader should be able to as well or I hope.

When I copy a folder from one place to another with the same name I get a dialog box that mentions "write into" or something similar and asks me to confirm.

I also use a NTFS unassigned disk on Unraid and everything works great for me.  I had hoped that I could package up this Krusader image and everyone would get the same great experience I do.  Recent complaints from several users recently has altered my perspective on that vision.  I'm not a developer/programmer or anything just a normal user so when things go wrong I can mostly only offer trial-and-error type troubleshooting.

An alternative to this image is binhex/arch-krusader which is maintained by a talented developer based on the work I've judged for myself.

oh ok  CLI  does that mean command line interface?  so from the terminal

ya I get the write into...  sometimes I wont get it and it will say  something like  folder already exisits  so it wont let you write into

but here is a pic where you see you cant move the Same Folder name   where if it was windows I could  I cant move  contents of TEST into Test folder  2 different locations...    reason then I just scrap  krusader and use Windows   but when windows doesn't allow it I use Krusader

I have used the bin-krusader and it seemed buggy  compared to Krusader   so I scrapped using Bin one...  and went with this one as it worked better...

but I know nothing about coding or anything unix  im a older programmer of Visual Basic.. and dabbled with python but sucks as you gotta code Graphics  and not draw them like Visual Basic

sometimes windows seems better then  Linux at times.. go figure eh lol

krusader2.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...