Virt-Manager, Intel-GPU-Tools and more Dockers

dee31797

1 minute ago, comet424 said:

been bugging me for a while.. and cant find it in the settings

how do you resize Krusader.. to full screen.. all the tab Full screen does is make the browser full screen.. so i still have same size Krusader yet bigger gray area.. how can i fill krusader 200 % the size it is say.

you can change the variables DISPLAY_WIDTH and DISPLAY_HEIGHT.  It's default to 1280x768, but for example I use -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1920' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='1080' 

15 minutes ago, comet424 said:

where do you add 

" -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1920' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='1080' "  

in the docker template.. and where abouts

i been lookinmg through all the settings in  krusaders headings  and settings

edit: those variables should already be there, but if not...

In unraid, you'd use the docker tab, krusader settings. 

Using “Add another Path, Port, Variable or Device” at the bottom of the page, key is before the = and value is after the =

Edited by dee31797
5 minutes ago, comet424 said:

another question  with  krusader

if i use transmssion  to download stuff.. and i use krusader  to "move" files to an unassigned ntfs drive it doesnt work.. only works if i set 99 100 to 0 0   but i can copy the files to the drive.. why cant i move?  transmission also set to 99 100

Do you have a cache drive? 

Copy will move it from cache to disk, moving will not do this, until the mover runs. 

yes and no    yes cache for App Data...  but no dont use it

so Transmission downloads to the Array..  and in krusader ..  i got the the unraid_shares   and try to "move "  the files  from there to  "unassigned drives"  

so  i wanted to move the files off the array to unassigned drive.. but ive only found i can do the moving  if i change the puid pgid  to 0 0   but if i leave it to 99 100  i have to choose the Copy  then delete orgs  but cant use  move.. gives me the error of unable to move

4 minutes ago, comet424 said:

yes and no    yes cache for App Data...  but no dont use it

so Transmission downloads to the Array..  and in krusader ..  i got the the unraid_shares   and try to "move "  the files  from there to  "unassigned drives"  

so  i wanted to move the files off the array to unassigned drive.. but ive only found i can do the moving  if i change the puid pgid  to 0 0   but if i leave it to 99 100  i have to choose the Copy  then delete orgs  but cant use  move.. gives me the error of unable to move

I have to say that it is hard to follow you and I maybe do not understand what you mean. 

I do not have to change puid to copy thins off my array to external drives on UD. 

What happens if you copy the files instead of moving? 

dislexia sounds better in my head

so.

1..  I download files  using Transmission  to the Array .not to a Cache Drive...  using  99 100 puid pgid

2..  I load up Krusader   with using 99 100 puid pgid settings

3..   I move to the "unraid_shares\downloads"  Right Side Panel

4..  i move to the  "unraid_uassigned_diskes\<harddrive name>"  Left Side Panel

5.. i highlight all the files in download  and choose "MOVE"  to move the files off the Array to the unassigned Drive"

6.. Krusader tells me off with "access denied  to /unraid_unassigned_diskes/hard drive name/file name"

but it lets me Copy it..  but i want to move.

now i also said if i change the PUID PGID from 99 100  to  0 0  so  PUID 0  PGID 0    then i can move files.. but then i usually have other issues later    so i set it back to 99 PUID 100 PGID   and i get the error of access denied..    

transmission is set to 99 PUID  100 PGID

I'm unable to get my Nvidia card to work with Handbrake on Unraid 6.9.35.  It's working with Plex, so I believe I have it configured correctly.  I am trying to use the H.265 NVEnc encoder.  

But when I look at my GPU stats, it says it's idle.

681676967_ScreenShot2020-11-27at10_25_14AM.png.256996653fba5b51b46a32ce3b44af3a.png

I have host key 6 set to all (NVIDIA Capabilities) and the GPUUUID set in the handbrake docker image.  I have also gone into the gui and tried several combinations in there, choosing both the h265 and h264 NVEnc encoding options. Nothing seems to work to engage my Nvidia card.

Any thoughts?

my-HandBrake.xml

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 10.23.32 AM.png

Edited by Eviseration
13 minutes ago, Eviseration said:

I'm unable to get my Nvidia card to work with Handbrake on Unraid 6.9.35.  It's working with Plex, so I believe I have it configured correctly.  I am trying to use the H.265 NVEnc encoder.  

But when I look at my GPU stats, it says it's idle.

I have host key 6 set to all (NVIDIA Capabilities) and the GPUUUID set in the handbrake docker image.

Any thoughts?

my-HandBrake.xml 16.12 kB · 1 download

When you start the Handbrake conversion with nvenc H265 selected what happens, as in does it give an error or does the conversion complete?  If it completes the conversion, can you play the video?

1 minute ago, Eviseration said:

I can see the PID, but zero utilization from it.

This is an auto start, using these settings.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

Ok so everything is working fine, for that job it's not an intense demand on your GPU.  That job is only using 64MB and a very small load on the GPU chip.  

If you want to see a larger load on the GPU, try a 4k video encoded to the highest quality setting (slide the CQ setting all the way to the right).  That will use more memory and GPU chip load.

• 4 weeks later...

Krusader broke for anyone? Was there an update overnight or something? It opens but no file manager. Uninstalled and deleted the docker and appdata folder, reinstalled and same thing. has an X and says server disconnected 1006 error.

UnraidIPAddress:6080 doesn't work but UnraidServerName:6080 works.

Edited by nxtiak
  • Thanks 1
On 12/19/2020 at 9:39 PM, nxtiak said:

Krusader broke for anyone? Was there an update overnight or something? It opens but no file manager. Uninstalled and deleted the docker and appdata folder, reinstalled and same thing. has an X and says server disconnected 1006 error.

UnraidIPAddress:6080 doesn't work but UnraidServerName:6080 works.

Mine gives the same 1006 error. Thanks for letting us know the UnraidServerName version of the URL works. I was able to get it in that way.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed MotionEye and was able to set up the camera and view RTSP stream.  However, while it seems to be recording, I cannot play the video in the browser or after downloading it.  It states that it is "unsupported media" even after changing various codecs.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

47 minutes ago, RazorX said:

hey guys is it normal for HandBrake to only use around 10% of the GPU and around 60% of the CPU when encoding?
i'm using a NVIDIA Quadro K2000 and encoding at 1080p 30 using H.264 (NVEnc)

Yes, looks normal.  I have HandBrake presets that use Intel QuickSync (iGPU) for transcoding and it does reduce the amount of CPU, however, 60% CPU usage even with hardware based encoding can be expected.  Handbrake will always decode with the CPU and all audio and subtitles are handled via CPU as well.  The latter two aren't a big load, but decoding is.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Yes, looks normal.  I have HandBrake presets that use Intel QuickSync (iGPU) for transcoding and it does reduce the amount of CPU, however, 60% CPU usage even with hardware based encoding can be expected.  Handbrake will always decode with the CPU and all audio and subtitles are handled via CPU as well.  The latter two aren't a big load, but decoding is.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I let this docker run on my entire photo folder a few days ago. I wanted to free up space from videos, encode them all in x265.

I read this :

Automatic Video Converter: Keep Source Files:

Set to 0 to remove successfully converted videos from the watch folder, 1 to keep them.

Seemed pretty safe, and the point was to free up space, I don't need to keep the original files, so I naively set it to 0 right, it seemed to work great.

Now for the fun part : the container skips all .jpg, .raw, .dng, etc. because these are not video files.

It considers that one file skipped == one file completed.

One file completed, should be deleted.

I checked on the progress in the morning and realized it was still busy slowly cutting through my decade of photography, deleting all my raws and jpgs. I had set the timer to 1 second for checking the file. 10 hours comes to approx. 36.000 files deleted. I had not yet set up my backup system, was still in the process of migrating, welp, burn me.

I immediately shut down the server, went through three days of several painfuly slow full scans of the disk and was able to recover a lot of files with UFS Explorer. I still need to sort through the result, but this is probably a huge loss for me.

But please. That documentation might be just a tad misleading. Please update it so that this doesn't happen to someone else.

Edited by Sungray
  • Like 1