AFP Connection Failed

I've enabled AFP, and exported a share publicly. No matter how I connect, it returns an error. Sometimes when I use the connect to server dialog it will ask which share I want to mount but when I try mounting a share, it fails. Just clicking on it in network (to connect as guest) returns connection failed. When I click connect as and specify my password, it still says connection failed. I know AFP is dying but I intend to eventually use it for TimeMachine. 

I've included screenshots below. Thanks. 

image.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 9.44.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 9.45.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 9.46.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 9.46.44 PM.png

1 minute ago, charlespick said:

Care to share how you know that? I'm stoked for that and I know it's possible with new versions of samba but I haven't been able to find that anywhere else on this forum. 

And also when on earth is 6.7 coming out anyway. :/

The 6.7 rc2 release is available in the Bug Reports->PreRelease section of the forum.      As to when the stable release might be ready I have no idea.

I tried 6.7RC2 and it killed my server in regards to AFP. I was no longer able to connect using AFP, to my shares. And of course timemachine couldnt find the disk. 

One thing i didnt try was to change the disk in time machine using an SMB mapped drive. I will try that tonight and post feed back. I since then downgraded back to 6.6.5 to see if i can get it working again, and it completely killed my AFP TimeMachine Setup. AFP somewhat works with connecting to shares and transfering data, but i need it most importantly for timeMachine.

I will try tonight to re-upgrade to 6.6.7RC2 and see if i can get my TimeMachine to work over SMB. Stay Tuned...

If this doesn't help then post your diagnostics zip:

I still use Macs that are running Snow Leopard and work with AFP much better than SMB so I'm not prepared to abandon AFP yet. There are things you can do to improve its performance and reliability, such as moving the .AppleDB database onto your cache disk.