Installing unraid on Hetzner Server

Hello

Can anyone link or guide me though how to make a usbdrive for my newly rented Hetzner server.

Im used to unraid on my local server. But now i wanna move it all to my new server.

I have unziped all the files i downloaded from unraid.net. made a iso file which i have got hetzner to mount.

But now in my kvm-consol i cant boot the server anymore because the usbdrive i believe is not bootable yet.

I dont know what to do now, and hetzner cant help me anymore.

Sincerly

Joachim

21 minutes ago, skjonnemand said:

Hello i did create the usbdrive locally but i cant make it bootable from here. i then put it in google drive so the staff at hetzner could grap it. But he has burn it to a usb i think and now its not bootable.

I was thinking of you posting the physical USB in a 'ready-to-go' state.

From what you have said has happened so far it sounds as if at the Hetzner end the make_bootable.bat file needs to be run to make the USB drive bootable?

Yes i thought they could that that but after i send it and contacted them because now nothing was working. They told me they could not make it bootable. somehow i need to do that by myself.

I have installed a version of unbuntu now and i can see the usbdrive. But it is not showing up as a usbdrive on the desktop. It looks more like a cdrom or something. So now im really confused.

When i try to run the command "sudo bash" and copy the file from where i unzipped it to the terminal. it is now saying "FAIL There appears to be no drive present with the label UNRAID, aborting"

It was not called UNRAID from the beginning. I have changed the display name but it is still not working.

drives.JPG

drivesetup.JPG

fail.JPG

45 minutes ago, skjonnemand said:

Should i have asked the guy from Hetzner to just make a 16 GB usb drive

Perhaps it's a language barrier issue, but you will have to have a physical USB drive with a valid unique GUID to license unraid. That sentence makes me think your host is setting up a virtual drive for you to use, which will not work.