[REQ] Cache value on Shares tab

Iceman

8 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Is it possible to get a column added to the shares view that shows the status of the 'Cache' setting without drilling into each share?  This would allow a quick look to see the status of all shares cache settings.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jeff

Exactly what information are you looking for that is not already there?

The setting of the "Use Cache Disk:" value for each share.  Example in attached photo.  Not an editable setting, but just a display of what one would find if they drilled into the share.  Reason:  I just filled my cache drives up in a very short time because I miss-clicked on ONLY rather that YES for a very active share.  I got the warnings that the cache was near capacity and I had to go to UnRaid and drill thru all the shares to verify which shares are using the Cache drives and how.  

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

OK, that makes it clear what you are asking for!

i had thought initially from the word ‘status’ that you might have been asking for an indication of whether there were currently files on the cache for the share in question.    Having thought about it maybe that could be indicated as well by the choice of font or color.

Edited by itimpi
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...