Please help.

Hi All,

Recently I was given a Dell H330 RAID controller which I was excited about so I decided to purchase a new Chassis with a SAS/SATA bacplane to allow hotswap.

Well after getting everything in the chassis and setting the RAID card to HBA mode.... the drives do NOT show in unraid.

After much research people advise you flash the card back to LSI firmware as its basically just a rebranded 9341-8i, now the card isnt cheap and id really like to use it instead of buying a different one.

However I cannot work out how to flash the damn card, I went to LSI.com (now broadcom) and followed their usb boot instructions but that didnt work. Next option is the bootable CD but how would i upgrade the firmware from a CD? Surely it doesnt contain upgrade images for ALL the LSI cards?

I installed the LSI utility which allows you to see your device in windows, status, health etc but of course it doesnt see the card since its been reflashed to Dell.

Has anyone else reflashed a DELL card? If so please help me!

Thanks

7 hours ago, falcor said:

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/crossflashing-of-lsi-9341-8i-to-lsi-9300-8i-success-but-no-smart-pass-through.3522/

Reading the recent posts, it looks like it still applies, and that the lack of SMART passthrough isn't true and was due to a software bug in 2014. 

Attempt at your own risk!

🤓

I did try to attempt this but didnt feel that confident with it in case the card bricks itself. Although its not going to be used for anything else anyway.

Im tempted to buy a card but dont know what to go for that doesnt require any flashing.

16 hours ago, falcor said:

I successfully reflashed an H200 using this:

https://techmattr.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/updated-sas-hba-crossflashing-or-flashing-to-it-mode-dell-perc-h200-and-h310/

If you somehow permanently brick it, it's only $30. Getting 180MB/s on my 7200RPM drives.

I think I may have a H200 lying around in one of my older servers I no longer use. Guess ill try that.

Shame the H330 is going to go to waste but you cant win all battles I guess :)