Beware of SATA port placement on Asus X370-Pro

Was working on my upgrade this past weekend and it failed miserably. The 8 SATA ports built into the board (one of the primary reasons for buying it) face towards the front of my chassis in direct conflict with my two Rosewill 3x4 cages. There is no space to plug in my cables there and route them to my drives. Extremely frustrating. Tried looking for other cases that may be deeper and allow my existing 3x4 cages and I've come up with nothing (either not enough 5.25" external bays to install cages or unavailable). 

Still reviewing options right now. Looking at getting SATA controller and connecting drives that way and never using the built-in SATA ports--seems like such a waste. Wondering if anyone has run into similar problems.

Tight, but possible. However, I would only be able to use four of the ports since they’re stacked on top of each other in the same orientation.  

I bit the bullet and purchased a new Rosewill server chassis. Plenty of space and room to add more drives (I have 8 now and can add 4 more easily). I could have bought the HBA and cables, but for about $125 more I’ll have an expandable system and no headaches.