Set up VM like a roaming profile?

Kesp

Hello, so I’m new to Unraid and new to VMs but I had a question about using a VM as a roaming profile.

Basically can you have two (or more) users sign in and access different profiles on the same VM?

Currently I have a windows 10 VM running with multiple user profiles that I can log off and switch between them whil in the VM remotely. I have the folders linked to my array so the data is always accessible. I am using Splashtop to remote in and have full functionality of the VM with sound and able to use my laptop keyboard and mouse (remotely). No GPUs just VNC running.

For the raspberry pi 3 you can run multiple desktops through VNC, so I was wondering if the same can be done through Unraid to set up a “roaming profile” type set up. The use would be for basic none gaming functionality.

I know if I run 2 windows VM simultaneously then each user will be able to log in to its own, however I would rather assign more cores/maintain 1 VM then simultaneously upkeeping 2.

Any advice would help!

5 hours ago, Kesp said:

Is there an version for MacOS or Linux as well?

I don't use mac, so no clue there, linux has no restrictions on multiple remote sessions, so no need on linux.

All the info needed is on the page I linked. After it's set up, you just use multiple RDP clients to connect to the single VM with your different profiles.