Windows 10 Share unable to login [Solved?]

This is a fully up to date windows 10 computer (Version 1809).

(Edit): I am using Unraid Version 6.6.6 2018-12-01

I go to login on my share and type in my user/pass. Then it comes up and says "You might not have permission....."...

I am able to log into the web gui just fine.

I am able to go to non protected shares just fine.

The only FIX that works is rebooting the unraid server. But doing that constantly is a BIG annoyance.

I had taken a look at https://forums.unraid.net/topic/77442-cannot-connect-to-unraid-shares-from-windows-10/ and tried what was said in the thread. Did not work for my situation.

Any other ideas?

Capture.PNG

Edited by demonmaestro

Go figure this.

Tried the "net use * /delete" and it said "There are no entries in the list"

Went and tried again. Clicked on the share and put in my user/pass and it popped up with the error.

Then I went to the server via ip \\192.x.x.x and clicked on the share and put in my user/pass and it worked.

Went back into CMD and this time did a "net use * /del" and it showed up with the connection and asked me "continuing will cancel the connections". I said yes.

Went back to the server via \\tower and typed in user/pass and it popped up the error once again....

Sooooooo what else is there to test.

I also went into Windows Credential Manager and there is nothing listed under the "Windows Credentials" portion.

Also the username on the computer is NOT the same username that I am trying to login to the server and this issue only popped up since the latest windows update.

Edited by demonmaestro

With Win10, I believe you will continue to have problems with using the Server name.  MS has remove all of the Network Discovery tools which is what allowed access using the Server name.  You will  have to continue to use the IP address.  You can create a desktop shortcut to your server which will simplify the use of an permanent address. 

This works best if you assign a permanent/static IP address to your server.  (You will probably have to setup this allocation in your router Static IP address table.)