First time trying a VM

Morpheus

TL;DR Jump to the last paragraph.

To start off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Matt. I am a carpenter not a tech guru. I built my system in 2014, I continued to read the forums until 2016, and my last update on unraid was in 2017. Fast forward to today, I updated unraid OS to 6.5.3 and all of my plugins to are up to date. I do have Community Applications and Fix Common Problems installed, along with other various plugins.

I built my server for the sole purpose of storing my collection of movies and tv series. I have two Raspberry Pi 2's and a desktop computer that I use to play my media in three separate locations in my house. In the past I have tried various methods to sync the data across all three systems, but I have never been able to make it work. My goal is to create a VM to run Kodi, Libreelec, or some other variant on my unraid system. Once I get that working, I plan to use a HDMI splitter to run to my TVs and projector.

I bought one of the  Natex, S2600CP w/ dual E5-2670 a year or two ago, but didn't install it into my server until this week. I am getting a 1-5-4-4 beep code  "This beep sequence indicates a power fault or failure". Everything will power up and boot into UnRaid, UNTIL I plug power into even one hard drive. I updated from a corsair 650w power supply to a Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750FX but that didn't help. I'm at a loss as to where to go from here, and any suggestions are welcome.

• 5 months later...

Hi Matt,

Are your drives connected directly to Mobo or via card? I'm wondering if it might be a movie controller issue.

Do you have same issue with SSD and spinner?

Shouldn't be needed, but do you have access to a larger psu?

Any strange bios settings?

As for the rest, unRAID is awesome, yes! I'd recommend you look into Plex on a docker. SpaceInvader1 and Byte My Bits have great b YouTube info. I love the ability to sync to phone for offline viewing, web browser access, etc.

Cheers,

Kermit