[REMOVED] Megatools - Mega.nz sync tool - Docker

dee31797

2 minutes ago, SiNtEnEl said:

Interesting, i will gave this docker a spin. Works as intended.

Are u planning support for docker secrets and variables to store the credentials?

Thanks for creating and sharing.

I'm not familiar with docker secrets at the moment. 

I have looked into username and password variables, and I have somewhat of an idea on how to add it if there's enough interest.  I really like the .megarc file method though, are you concerned with security of using the .megarc file or it's more convenience?

• Like 1

Rather have no external services passwords in clear on the server. But this is personal.

The file gives enough convenience, but using variables makes it easier for novice users to get around with the docker template especially when u add it to Community Applications (CA) later on. On the other hand using secrets is not to novice friendly either, so variables is a good start and maybe adding it to CA as well.

Thinking about it more after your post, I agree with you actually.  With container variables, the password will show up in cleartext in the template file on the flash drive, but flash access will probably be more secured than a share in most cases.

I'll start testing it.  The megarc file can be used for more than login credentials such as download speed limit, proxy, etc so I'll leave it's reference in there.  If the user doesn't specify their username/password megatools will already output an error message saying so.

Thanks for posing the idea.