[UK] £85 - Seagate Barracuda 4TB 2.5" (15mm ff)

MCMaestro

• 3 months later...

I'm looking to replace a full 1TB 2.5" drive with a 4TB one, so will likely take this option of shucking (as it's about £130 to buy a 2.5" 4TB internal drive compared to this £90 option).

Are there any problems to using SMR in Unraid aside from speed issues? 

Like, does it affect the redundancy or rebuilds or something?

• 4 years later...

I've just found 4x of these drives lying around. Did you get them working ok performance wise?

Blackmagic disk speed test is giving me around 90MB/s read & write but this is going through a rather crappy usb -> sata while I wait for some 3.5->2.5" caddy adapters to arrive so I can test one on the LSI card.

1 hour ago, dopeytree said:

I've just found 4x of these drives lying around. Did you get them working ok performance wise?

Blackmagic disk speed test is giving me around 90MB/s read & write but this is going through a rather crappy usb -> sata while I wait for some 3.5->2.5" caddy adapters to arrive so I can test one on the LSI card.

I have two of them in my server and they both perform identically: a peak of ~140MB/s and around 60MB/s at the slower end of the spindle. See below:

SeagatePortable.png