Multiple Errors

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, that's expected now, when the rebuild finishes try xfs_repair on both, but like mentioned you'll likely need to use a file recovery util to recover anything.

Ok, I'll give that a shot when the rebuild is done and post an update to this thread. Thanks again for all the help you and Trurl have given me.

5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

P.S. Unrelated, but the SSD needs a new SATA cable.

I've already replaced that cable a few times. Again I'm thinking that the sata ports on my motherboard going bad is what causing these issues to occur in the first place. That SSD and cable are brand new.

7 minutes ago, nickro8303 said:

Should I just go ahead and format the drives and try adding them back to the array?

You must format the drives while they are still in the array. Stop the array, click on the drive to get to its page and change its filesystem. When you start the array it will be reformatted to the new filesystem. Repeat to get it back to the original filesystem. You can do both drives at the same time.

5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It should mount now, the question is, will there be any data there? Start the array and check.

There is a ton of folders in the lost+found folder on that disk. Some of them look like they have good data, some are empty and some have files with random numbers as names. Not even sure what to do with all this. I don't know what the file structure was on the drive before it failed so I'm not sure how to go about restoring this data.

XFS repair finished. I really don't understand what could be causing all these errors. I get that disk 4 is corrupt but how would that affect the other disks in the array. Why to do other disks randomly go red X? How do I get back to the point that it's stable? I could replace disk 4 completely but will that solve the other issues that keep recurring?

tower-diagnostics-20190218-1003.zip

image.png.5d76c05d93938ec21e4c439edd2b82ba.png

Edited by nickro8303

I did reformat once and it keeps going back to Unmountable. I did it again though we'll see if it sticks. Maybe I should just replace the drive and be done with it? How do I troubleshoot drives disabling? First it was the parity drive and now disk 3, I've gone through doing a New Config but it's happened three times now.

tower-diagnostics-20190218-1127.zip

Edited by nickro8303