Slow Parity Rebuild

JohnnyT

I had a drive go bad "disk 5" and swapped it with a new one. The drive I swapped was working fine in a windows box before I put it in and all the drives show passed for smart test. The issue is that when I do a parity rebuild it is very very slow 162.8 KB/sec. I unplugged all the cables and plugged them back in. I also did a reboot. I am not sure what the issue is. Any help would be awesome.

diagnostics-20190207-2223.zip

I got the cables swapped and it is going much faster now 95 MB/sec but I am having another issue. My docker service won't start "Docker Service failed to start." This is what I am seeing in the log "root: truncate: cannot open '/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img' for writing: Read-only file system" Any ideas?

You also want to verify whether or not your write cache is enabled on your drives:

--

# hdparm -W /dev/sd[a-z]

Sample output:

/dev/sdw:
 write-caching =  1 (on)

--

# hdparm -I /dev/sd[a-z] |egrep -i 'serial number|model|write cache|/dev/'

Sample output:

/dev/sdw:
    Model Number:       HGST HUS724040ALA640                    
    Serial Number:      PN2356P6A9FMCC
       *    Write cache

NOTE: The star next to 'Write cache' indicates it is enabled. 

Edited by ezhik

Cache pool is kind of a mess, of have multiple devices with errors:

Feb  8 17:43:54 davidFlix kernel: BTRFS info (device sdp1): bdev (null) errs: wr 5498, rd 974, flush 427, corrupt 0, gen 0
Feb  8 17:43:54 davidFlix kernel: BTRFS info (device sdp1): bdev /dev/sdo1 errs: wr 576481, rd 503357, flush 5101, corrupt 0, gen 0
Feb  8 17:43:54 davidFlix kernel: BTRFS info (device sdp1): bdev /dev/sdj1 errs: wr 0, rd 347, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0

These are hardware errors, these could be cable related, especially cache3, since SMART looks fine, cache1 shows some issues, but start by replacing cables also.

Then I would recommend you backup any important data on cache to the array and reformat the pool, after keep an eye on the btrfs device stats, see here for more info:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=700582