LDAP Suggestions/help?

noja

Hey - I'm fairly new to a lot of networking topics still, so the concept of having open source, AD style authentication has really excited me lately.  Mostly, what I've got that has me interested is whether or not I can get LDAP running on my server and have it work for a single sign on to the following containers:

• Plex
  • Ombi
  • Airsonic 
  • Calibre-Web
  • Heimdall (not absolutely required)

I understand that my goal would require that these programs all natively support LDAP to being with - but I still haven't even found how you even get an LDAP server running on unRAID.  I'm already reverse proxying behind Linuxserver's LetsEncrypt docker and I know that container supports LDAP.  However, I can't find an unRAID specific ldap docker or plugin. 

Am I missing something?  Is there an easier way to go about single sign on for these applications? 

Thanks for any suggestions! 

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm actually new to LDAP as well, I'm using a Windows Server 2016 LDAP  & testing it now with pfsense authetication server & nextcloud. not sure what else.

I want a simple user database with a GUI, MS Server is a bit over complicated but I use it also for my network connected PCs authentication & GPO management.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 5:12 AM, CHBMB said:

I have an OpenLDAP template you are welcome to use, along with a phpldapadmin template in my personal repository.  It's my personal repository for a reason, it's not anything I wish to support, but you can use the templates.

https://github.com/CHBMB/docker-templates/tree/master

What's the benefit of OpenLDAP vs FreeIPA?  I've also seen Guauth. Any suggestions?

This seems like the next progression in my home network setup.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:12 AM, CHBMB said:

I have an OpenLDAP template you are welcome to use, along with a phpldapadmin template in my personal repository.  It's my personal repository for a reason, it's not anything I wish to support, but you can use the templates.

https://github.com/CHBMB/docker-templates/tree/master

I saw that you've got glauth  and OpenLDAP containers. Did you replace OpenLDAP with glauth or are you using them together?

When I've tried to get glauth working, I keep getting an error in line 64 of conf file regarding sha. The container doesn't end up installing so I'm not able to remove the error in appdata. Any ideas on how to get glauth working?

I had a brief play around with glauth when I first started experimenting with LDAP, but deleted the container referenced to by the template a while ago.  I use OpenLDAP.

Like I say, those templates are for my own personal use and experimentation.  I'm not supporting anything there.

Hey @CHBMB, just wanted to say thanks for the template.  Unraid has been my first docker experience so I've actually had a lot of fun learning basic things like how to take that xml and turn it into a working container.  I've finally managed to sort it out and I have openldap and phpldapadmin talking to each other happily.  Next step is integrating with the lsio letsencrypt container and eventually SSO.  

So thanks again!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey [mention=6219]CHBMB[/mention], just wanted to say thanks for the template.  Unraid has been my first docker experience so I've actually had a lot of fun learning basic things like how to take that xml and turn it into a working container.  I've finally managed to sort it out and I have openldap and phpldapadmin talking to each other happily.  Next step is integrating with the lsio letsencrypt container and eventually SSO.  

So thanks again!
Thanks, let us know if you get a good SSO solution.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk