Changing From SSD Cache to Dual SSD Cache

mbc0

Hi,

I currently have a Kingston 500GB SSD as my cache drive and tomorrow I would like to add another to give me some redundancy.

My Cache drive is currently in XFS and packed with all my dockers and VM's

I have searched for a way to add the 2nd Cache without losing any data but no luck! 

Can anyone offer me any pointers/pitfalls please?

Many Thanks!

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You can't add a second device to a XFS cache, you can backup the cache data to the array, create the new pool and restore the data, see here for help with backup/restore.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=511923

Can't believe it was in the FAQ (Note to self..... don't do this sort of thing when you have been up 18 hours!) 

Thanks for the link, it was a good video (as always, I love Spaceinvader videos) 

Is Raid 5 Supported yet @johnnie.black the video says expirimental but it is a two year old video!

2 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Is Raid 5 Supported yet @johnnie.black the video says expirimental but it is a two year old video!

Most issues with btrfs raid5 are fixed on current kernel, I have several raid5/6 pools myself running perfectly for a few months, remaining issue is basically the write hole problem if there's an unclean shutdown, that issue affects most raid5/6 implementations, not just btrfs, UPS is recommended to minimize the risk.