[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

Having some trouble getting this to work with my Plex Media Server.
Unraid version 6.6.6
This is my docker cmd
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --cpuset-cpus='2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31' -e TZ="America/Halifax" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-386029cb-55e6-6dca-a528-b1eaf7fdc74f' -v '/mnt/user/media/':'/media':'rw' -v '/dev/shm/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw,slave' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex'/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.The command failed.

When I removed 
--runtime=nvidia

My docker will startup no problem but no nvidia support.

This works with my Emby Docker but the Plex Media Server
tower-diagnostics-20190210-0059.zip

rcfilm sounds like he/she had a similar problem a few posts down, might want to try that.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, deaerator said:

Having some trouble getting this to work with my Plex Media Server.

Unraid version 6.6.6

This is my docker cmd

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --cpuset-cpus='2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31' -e TZ="America/Halifax" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-386029cb-55e6-6dca-a528-b1eaf7fdc74f' -v '/mnt/user/media/':'/media':'rw' -v '/dev/shm/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw,slave' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex'
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

When I removed 

--runtime=nvidia

My docker will startup no problem but no nvidia support.

This works with my Emby Docker but the Plex Media Server

tower-diagnostics-20190210-0059.zip

One other thing I've just thought of, I've come across an issue recently that I almost forgot about and @SpaceInvaderOne has also noted it.  Sometimes copying and pasting things from code blocks on the forum, inserts an invisible character which causes issues.  On  hunch, just redo things and type the runtime parameter, ensuring to delete the whole field before hand.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

One other thing I've just thought of, I've come across an issue recently that I almost forgot about and @SpaceInvaderOne has also noted it.  Sometimes copying and pasting things from code blocks on the forum, inserts an invisible character which causes issues.  On  hunch, just redo things and type the runtime parameter, ensuring to delete the whole field before hand.

I manually typed it this:

--runtime=nvidia

And now it works.

I appreciate the hard work that went into this plugin also.

Thank you 

Edited by deaerator
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

click the link and look

sorry, both my unraid's are below version 6.6.6, so can't install a plugin..

would you mind to share the link?

1 minute ago, j0nnymoe said:

Or Google?

i tried this already - there are bunch of threads on plex forums with very similar questions without no direct answers.. 

if you have particular link, feel free to share :)

i tried this already - there are bunch of threads on plex forums with very similar questions without no direct answers.. 
if you have particular link, feel free to share
Well you're going to need to update Unraid to use it, so why not update Unraid and install the plugin?

Also means you have time to iron out any issues with Unraid before embarking on adding a graphics card.

4 hours ago, CHBMB said:

It's not a bug. Generally it's a DNS issue or something on your LAN causing it, as to a solution, it's something I've never been able to reproduce as we occasionally see the same thing with the DVB plugin. I'd be taking a look at DNS personally.

you are right. i disabled Pi-hole and it's all good now. it's a DNS issue.

thanks 

40 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

why not update Unraid and install the plugin?

ok, just updated my unraid, now i'm on 6.6.6. installed a plugin, clicked on "Linux nvidia drivers" link, and it took me to this page: https://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-amd64-display-archive.html

i selected a newest driver version, it list almost all available Nvidia cards. but still no info about particular card support for NVENC.. 

you should look rather in this? https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

for example, GT1030 wont support NVENC, but supports NVDEC. do we nee both?

34 minutes ago, uldise said:

ok, just updated my unraid, now i'm on 6.6.6. installed a plugin, clicked on "Linux nvidia drivers" link, and it took me to this page: https://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-amd64-display-archive.html

i selected a newest driver version, it list almost all available Nvidia cards. but still no info about particular card support for NVENC.. 

you should look rather in this? https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

for example, GT1030 wont support NVENC, but supports NVDEC. do we nee both?

You need NVENC.

1 hour ago, son12710 said:

you are right. i disabled Pi-hole and it's all good now. it's a DNS issue.

thanks 

That's interesting as all the ls.io team use Pihole and we haven't encountered that problem.  I'm using the stock lists provided and have no white lists.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:15 PM, linuxserver.io said:

2.  If you attempt to start a VM passing through a GPU that is actively transcoding, you will hard lock your server and it will need an unclean shutdown.

3.  If you use Unraid in GUI mode and have only a single GPU in your server and you use that GPU in a virtual machine, trying to start that VM will crash libvirt.

4.  You can passthrough a GPU that is being passed through to a docker container as long as when you start that VM there is no active transcode processes happening, the docker container will fallback to software transcoding.  Check the webui of the docker container to check if transcoding is occurring before starting the VM, or if your GPU supports it, you can use

I can confirm the libvirt-crash also in "Non-GUI-Mode" after the GPU was used for one time by a docker. If i start a VM with GPU-Passthrough after the GPU has been used by Plex-Docker - the VM won't start, VM Site is unresponsible and the server has to be hard-rebooted. If i start the VM after a clean reboot - and the GPU wasn't used by a docker - the VM is starting...

...not complaining - just for info!

4 minutes ago, Thebadmf said:

Do you know if the RTX 2060 is supported? It’s not listed in designworks. 

We don't know more than nvidia. For which cards supports what, Google is the best option. 

We have limited gear to test on, but all cards supported by the driver we ship should be supported. The cards also have to support nvenc/nvdec. 

Hello,

i am having an issue with adding the above instructions to an existing and a new plex docker. i am able to identify my GPU in the Nvidia Sceen and get the GUID.

Unraid Version - 6.7.0-rc3 with Nvidia

GPU - Quadro P2000

Below shows my setup in the docker followed by the error code i get when trying to apply. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.9df4a79e78cf2002dae699903ff2b329.png

image.thumb.png.e0e69f69dc65c5bb32fa34c4bb2b8fc8.png

image.thumb.png.1940501aa5b9d96a05595730ef0a41c5.png

Edited by michaelfjsmith2
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, yayitazale said:

It will be awsome to achieve fan control, the transcode is working smoothly but 100% fan speed all time is a waste of energy...

Thanks!

From my short googling, it looks like you also need an X server to set the fan speed. 

• trurl locked this topic